Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Lavathing9

OMG!!!

I know how it is impossible to hack a myff board to whatever, but somehow someone got my password and deleted the whole board and rewrote it in a different language and dleted all our topics. PLEASE HELP!! I am thinking he used a MSN hacker and used that password on my forum.

Do you guys keep backups of things?

Please....we have nearly 400 members and over 23,000 posts. We are now down to 1,000.

http://narutorpcenter.com
myff admin

We charge a $10 restore fee to restore from backup.
symon

You can pay for a restore

But i do not understand why you used the same password, first thing to do is change all admin passwords and the email password and remove admin rights of everyone until you are sure.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...component=content&topicid=617
Lavathing9

I cant, he changed the language to aribic or whatever.

And I only have about 4.63$ on my paypal. Is there any way you can take that now and I'll pay the rest later?

Sorry if I sound a little crazy, I am practically shaking from this...
myff admin

You had 6 users with admin status...

and sorry but we cannot play favorites on this.
Lavathing9

I had the editor, and another account I believe called "Testing" that was my also. But he granted himself and his friends admin axcess. That is why.

We normally only have 3 admins, my closest friends. And Also I'll try and sell my credits on GR for money.
myff admin

I have reset the main account Homothing9 to English.
Lavathing9

Thanks, and he changed my name it Homothing9 LOL
Lavathing9

Ok, will all the forums and posts he deleted be restored? Can you reset the forum to where it was at like 6 PM last night?

And I am getting the money.
myff admin

More like 6am yesterday, backups are daily.
Lavathing9

Ok, should I just keep doing donations?
Lavathing9

Also, you live in Englad right? So what time would that backup be for my in the Eastern Timezone of the USA?
myff admin

Lavathing9 wrote:
Ok, should I just keep doing donations?

probably easier to do a paypal send to paypal at myfreeforum.org

I think EST is going to be around the midnight Saturday point for you.
Lavathing9

What is your paypal email?
Lavathing9

Also, will deleted users be restored?
myff admin

paypal [at] myfreeforum.org

deleted users and posts (e.g. the database ) will be restored.
Lavathing9

Ok, money sent.
myff admin

I am starting work on this now.
myff admin

to state the obvious when the backup goes in you must hotfoot it to sort the admin accounts!

The restore may be in minutes to an hour depending on retrieval time.
Lavathing9

Yup, I'll be sure to restart the staff up.
myff admin

restored. Act now!
Lavathing9

Ok, Admins all un-admined.

I'll tell them all to change passwords.
Lavathing9

Some rumor have come up that another member was involved in the deleting, spamming, and fake mass emails. Now that we have restarted I cannot see the Admin Logs from the hacking anymore. Is there anyway I or you can check this out?

Yoko, was the one who did all this.

Some people are thinking IamCanadian helped. I am thinking that too, since before the restart I noticed someone made him admin, probably Yoko.
myff admin

The admin logs have been overwritten so cannot be checked.

We say time and time again that there is no need for forums to have many admins, if can even question whether they might have done something, then they should never have been an admin.
Lavathing9

They were not.

Both of the hackers were not admins. they used a very simple program known as "MSN Hacker v1.0" that hacks a person's MSN password. I used the same password for my MSN and for my forum. He logged into my account and made himself admim.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum