Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.
 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Cloverfield

Oh my god, this place is still the same!

Wow, I ran a futurama forum on myfreeforum and used to come here a lot for help and advice in 2006/2007. Was shocked to log in today to see the theme the same and admin STILL has the same avatar as 6 years ago. Crazy stuff. Thanks to this place my forum got started but I bought the export so I could move to vBulletin so had no need to come back here till today. Ah, good memories.
myff admin

Well it works, and it is a support forum not in need of much beyond prompt replies!
Cloverfield

Yeah I totally agree. I just brought back great memories. You probably don't remember me bugging you all time with questions lol. You've probably helped thousands of people since I've been gone but it helped. My Futurama forum now has almost a million posts and it all started here
myff admin

Glad it is going well.

Doing pretty well here as well, albeit with more than the myff hat on these days, so myff itself is getting a little neglected.
Cloverfield

myff admin wrote:
Glad it is going well.

Doing pretty well here as well, albeit with more than the myff hat on these days, so myff itself is getting a little neglected.

What else do you do now then?
myff admin

I'm now by rather an accidental process technical director for the UKs fastest growing tech company  

It has been said, they sold me a product as practically their first company, realised thy didn't really have it, so asked me to write it  

I ended up devoting stupid hours a week to them, turning up at the expanding offices and being ranked above the growing ranks of rather puzzled employees, by the time I was been put down on the hierarchy charts (which you need when you have gone from 8 employees to 25) as technical director I thought that it might be an idea to ask them for a job.
Cloverfield

myff admin wrote:
I'm now by rather an accidental process technical director for the UKs fastest growing tech company  

It has been said, they sold me a product as practically their first company, realised thy didn't really have it, so asked me to write it  

I ended up devoting stupid hours a week to them, turning up at the expanding offices and being ranked above the growing ranks of rather puzzled employees, by the time I was been put down on the hierarchy charts (which you need when you have gone from 8 employees to 25) as technical director I thought that it might be an idea to ask them for a job.

Wow, that sounds great. Where abouts in England do you live?
myff admin

I'm Swindon, they will shortly have new offices near Southampton.

We are buying a flat there, as currently I'm trying to run a rather large team whilst mostly working from home.
This does not really work, and it is interesting on some levels that I walked into the job regardless of not saying I was planning to partially move into range.

I figure by the time we get into the new offices we will be heading towards 40 employees and have to start looking for even more offices.
Cloverfield

Wow, all go for you then. You'll only be 150 miles from me in Southampton

Sounds very complicated but I'm guessing you're in your 40's and have a lot of experience so you whip those whipersnappers into gear
myff admin

Management is something I kind of swore I'd never get into  

I'm a doer, and am finding it awfully hard to let go of doing in favour of leading, organising and delegating.

Not helped by the fact that managing over skype is not ideal, hence getting a flat.

But this is a totally once in a life time opportunity, and right now providing employment for dozens of skilled people is no small thing
Cloverfield

Well good luck to you in your new job
Gosu71

Re: Oh my god, this place is still the same!

Cloverfield wrote:
Was shocked to log in today to see the theme the same and admin STILL has the same avatar as 6 years ago

It's like coming home. You can be away for a while, come back and comfortably slot back in.
Bravo

Re: Oh my god, this place is still the same!

Gosu71 wrote:
It's like coming home. You can be away for a while, come back and comfortably slot back in.


It's like that with families too, you can go years not seeing them and just pick up where you left off.
I recently saw a cousin who emigrated to Canada in 1978, had no online contact or anything whatsoever since.  Before he went he told the 7 year old me he'd get me a ride in his helicopter, and that is what we spoke about when I saw him  

       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum