Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
myff admin

Nicer page titles

Search engines like page titles that are purely about your topics.

Humans especially with out tabbed browsers like to know the site they are on.

You can have it both ways with this example change to overall_header.tpl.

In place of the existing {PAGE_TITLE} use:

Code:

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
<title>{PAGE_TITLE}</title>
<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
<title>{SITE_NAME}: {PAGE_TITLE}</title>
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->
Dean

OK. In my overall_header.tpl file, I have the following area.

Quote:
{META}
{NAV_LINKS}
<title>{SITENAME} :: {PAGE_TITLE}</title>
<!-- link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/myff_magicbus3/{T_HEAD_STYLESHEET}" type="text/css" -->
<style type="text/css">
<!--
/*

Where do I put what you suggest?

What parts of the above do I replace?

Could you copy and bold the part I need to replace with the code you have in your OP?

And, again... what exactly is this going to do for me?

Thanks!
myff admin

Search engines rate pages on how relevent to a search string they think a page is, a page title that your site name in it will dilute the keywords from a topic title.

As for where to put it, there is enough information to understand, if you just read the edits and try and figure out what they are actually doing. You get a lot more out of things if you understand the edits you apply.
Dean

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Search engines rate pages on how relevent to a search string they think a page is, a page title that your site name in it will dilute the keywords from a topic title.

So, are you saying that this fix in the overall_header.tpl file is going to make it so that the title of my site (The Magic Bus Trip) is NOT going to get into the mix of keywords, thereby making the search more accurate?

I can see why having the title of one's site (especially the title of my site) would mess up the keyword indexing. So, this fix will make it so the site name won't get mixed in with the keywords, right?

I mean... is this the reason for this fix?

Thanks.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum