Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
kevne

Moving Profile Fields around viewtopic_body.tpl

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

http://britnerf.myfreeforum.org/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

myff_britnerf1

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

'move profile fields', 'custom profile fields', 'profile fields', 'viewtopic_body.tpl'

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

I'm fairly new at this so please bare with me. I've sort of inherited this forum as the owner nolonger has much to do with it. The members have recently been asking about this so I turn to you guys for some help.

I've tried following this guide to re-organise the order in which profile fields are shown next to members' posts. Alas, I haven't had much luck.

The code in the guide doesn't seem to match up with that in our .tpl files and the changes I have attempted to make (adding extra breaks between the fields) don't seem to make any difference.

All I want to do is add a couple of breaks and remove one of the location fields.

Can you help me?
myff admin

We need to see the changes you have made.

Things will not be quite the same between different templates and it is pretty important to know basic html when altering templates.
kevne

myff admin wrote:
We need to see the changes you have made.

Of course you do. My apologies.

Code:
   <!-- BEGIN postrow -->
   <tr>
      <td width="150" align="center" valign="top" class="row1"><span class="gen">
         <span class="postername"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</span><br />
         <span class="posterrank">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br /></span>
         {postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />
         <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="95%">
         <tr>
            <td align="left" class="posterprofile">{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}<br /><br /></td>
         </tr>
         </table></span><br />
      </span></td>

I added the extra breaks after POSTER_POSTS and POSTER_FROM but they didn't make any difference. I have since changed the code back to the original since it didn't make a difference.

My HTML isn't brilliant but I have managed to get by so far. This however has got me stumped.
myff admin

As far as I can where you have added breaks are at the end of table cell elements where they are very likely to be ineffectual as they are really just blank space there and may well be compressed out of existence by the layout of other cells in the row.

I'm not entirely sure what you are aiming to achieve with the br's If you are trying to highlight a section than you may be better off ending the table and restarting it e.g. </table><table> after a </tr> element.
kevne

All I am trying to achieve is a space between the user's post count and the custom fields that I have added. Purely for aesthetics but it's been bugging me so I thought I'd ask.

What you say about adding the extra breaks suddenly makes sence. Funny what a fresh pair of eyes can do. I have thought about adding a new table but the template file doesn't seem to contain the
Code:
<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
tag that the guides have taught me to expect.
myff admin

I think you may be looking at a phpbb3 guide as phpbb2 does not have that construct.

With the phpbb2 if you have the profile fields on auto display then you can't really alter the look in the way you want.

You would have to turn auto display off and enter each field manually.

You can see the code to manually enter by looking at the source of the page you get with auto display turned on.
kevne

Thanks for that fella. I'll give it a go crack and see how I get on. I'll let you know how it went.

Just for reference, is it possible to find out whether I have phpbb2 or 3?
myff admin

You are on 2.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum