Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
BotTronics

Moderator Rank images?

http://bottronics.org/index.php

Hello if I wanted to add a moderator rank that appears under my mods name of my forums like my admin rank appears just for me as admin how do I do it?

I mean I added the rank image np but it doesn't show up on none of my Mods Names? What happens is undr my Mods name is the Active Member rank for those who have at least 80 posts. But I want the Moderator post to over ride that when it comes to my Mods. So they are known as mods and not just active members.

I'm confused, the admin rank image showed up for me as admin but not the Mod rank image???

Thanks.
myff admin

I give each mod the "rank title" manually in user management.
BotTronics

myff admin wrote:
I give each mod the "rank title" manually in user management.

Sorry I still don't understand?

"usser management"?
myff admin

As admin in the admin panel. In user management you can assign people a rank.
BotTronics

myff admin wrote:

Yes I go to permissions and add them as Mods but it doesn't show up under their name when they post etc. There name appears as green at the bottom of screen when they are on the forums but when they post they look like a normal user. And if there post count is not up then they get my normal user rating.

Is there a way I can assign specific ranks for specific mods and users?

i.e. "D2MB Scripter"

Im trying to get this to show up on my mods post like my Admin Rank does for me,

ranks/Leds/r_rankmod.gif
BotTronics

BotTronics wrote:
myff admin wrote:

Yes I go to permissions and add them as Mods but it doesn't show up under their name when they post etc. There name appears as green at the bottom of screen when they are on the forums but when they post they look like a normal user. And if there post count is not up then they get my normal user rating.

Is there a way I can assign specific ranks for specific mods and users?

i.e. "D2MB Scripter"

Im trying to get this to show up on my mods post like my Admin Rank does for me,

ranks/Leds/r_rankmod.gif

So what I am trying to achieve in a nut shell is to have my regular members under the post Rank system I install. Then for my Mods and scripters to have separate Rankings that are not subject to my normal user Post Ranking system etc. Like Mods, Scripter.

Thanks guys I will wait for a final reply now and stop posting and editing I am just excited about this it's fun.
myff admin

We seem at cross purposes here.

In user management you can do exactly what you seem to want  
Zudane

There is a difference between the Moderator __RANK__ and the Moderator __PERMISSIONS__.  You have the permissions set to make them moderators, but the RANK is not set.  This is separate because you may want different levels of mods, or have someone mod a forum without having a mod rank.

Set the RANK of the users to Moderator, and it will work.
BotTronics

Ok guys I appreciate your help and apologize that I am not seeing where to adjust Mods rank etc.

Let's do it like this,

OK I go to Administration panel\ Then Users\ Then???? I'm lost here.

All I see is where I change there status to Mod or Admin I don't see where I actually change there rank etc???

Where do I do this?

"Set the RANK of the users to Moderator, and it will work."
BotTronics

OK I got it guys.

So for anyone who wants some idiot proof instructions on how to do this here they are.

Go to administration panel\Ranks,

Add your Rank title to what you want like Junior Mod, Scripter what ever you want. Set as special rank and add your Rank Graphic if you have one under Rank image.

Now after that go back to Admin Panel and choose search under users. Now find the user you want to add the title to and click manage. Scroll all the way down and find the Rank Title box. Choose your new title and enjoy.
Zudane

It's been a while since I've done phpbb2, so I couldn't remember exactly the location.  Good to hear you got it finished, and thank you for giving the detailed instructions!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum