Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
feekychucker

Moderation Portal

Hi, I hope I'm in the right area

I have recently had to introduce the new "moderation" portal due to being badly spammed (I will mention details of this in another post more relevant).  After setting up the moderation portal, I have found that all new users are immediately put into the list of usernames banned? Have I done something wrong on my end or did I forget to edit something on the portal?

My forum is http://charnwoodsundayleague.myfastforum.org

I only found this out because a new user emailed me (personally) to ask me why he was banned when he only just registered an account.

If I have missed something, can you please post the relevant link to the HOWTODOIT area by any chance?

If you need any more info let me know?   Thanks.
myff admin

The chances are they have not activated their account and this is nothing to do with the moderation portal.
feekychucker

Ok thanks.  As long as I didn't royally screw up
symon

feekychucker wrote:

I,ve just tried to sign up using testing as the name and have not received an email , this could be the problem.
feekychucker

Symon wrote:
feekychucker wrote:

I,ve just tried to sign up using testing as the name and have not received an email , this could be the problem.

I have got it set up to send confirmation/activation emails out to new users though?  Going on from that, another person has recently registered (and must have received their activation email because they are showing as an active user), but they still appeared on my list of banned user-names?
I have cleared that user from being banned so they can use the forum, but still unsure what I have done or what I need to do from here?

I do really want to continue using the moderation hack though because of the recent spamming that occurred.
symon

This would depend on what you have put in banned user names ??

Did you use a * anyway that could be effecting this.
feekychucker

No '*' in anywhere on the banned lists -- not on the usernames, email addresses nor the IP addresses.

I am extremely tired at the minute though, only having about 5 hours sleep in the last 3-and-a-half-days. Maybe something will come to me when I've had a few more hours kip tonight!

If anyone can think of anything else that I can try or can look at, then feel free to let me know... I will keep checking for new ideas/thoughts.
Nick(NR)

All I could suggest is confirming your email address, as it may be wrong, non existant address can't send anything
myff admin

hotmail.co.uk addresses are also very prone to being blocked.
feekychucker

Nick(NR) wrote:
All I could suggest is confirming your email address, as it may be wrong, non existant address can't send anything

The email address that is used to send and receive emails from our forum and our website is webmaster[at]charnwoodsundayleague.co.uk.  I received an email about 1/2-hour ago from my web hosts saying they have been breached and have had to do a mass password change for ALL email adressess! Could this then be the reason? - Because the password they now put in doesn't match that of the one I originally gave it, therefore the emails will not be sent or received?

Not overly-bright with the email-world, but the thought came to me and just wondered...?

Edited by Symon

never a good idea to post you email on an open forum with out masking it.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum