Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Myles

MODERATION Portal - Homepage Threshold

URL: http://footballitalia.myfastforum.org

Keywords: profile homepage threshold, moderation portal

howtodoit Reference: Updated MODERATION Hack

Portal: MODERATION

Version: phpBB2

Question:
In the MODERATION portal, I set the Homepage Threshold to 10, yet guests are still able to view the new members' profile page from the link in the post and also in the memberlist.
I tried it with the Moderate new members switched to yes and then no and it didn't work for either.
Example: the second post in this topic
Obviously i'm doing something wrong, if anyone has any ideas it's appreciated.

Thanks.
myff admin

This is a misunderstanding, the wording is poor in the admin panel. What is blocked is the users www home page link set in their profile not the profile link.
Myles

Oh, sorry, i didn't realise that. That's great as it's the same effect. Thanks. Wink
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
This is a misunderstanding, the wording is poor in the admin panel. What is blocked is the users www home page link set in their profile not the profile link.

So essentially, this prevents users from joining and just posting there website on there profile? (blocks the field from showing?)
Untill they contribute to the forum and/or removed from moderation of course.

I guess I never understood this part of the moderation portal either. That's interesting though and good to know.
Myles

I'm_Hackin'_Bored! wrote:
So essentially, this prevents users from joining and just posting there website on there profile? (blocks the field from showing?)
Untill they contribute to the forum and/or removed from moderation of course.

Just tested it by putting a url address in the profile here. As you can see the url doesn't show. This works when the Moderate new members is set to Yes only. My admin username can still see the link though, which might be handy.
Myles

I would like to submit for consideration that the Homepage Threshold can be enabled even when the Moderate new members is set to No.

Reason: I'd like to be able to block new members from showing their url on their profile page, yet let them be able to post messages without the need for approval by an mod/admin as the Link posting threshold blocks links in the posted message anyway.
I'm_Hackin'_Bored!

Yea I too like the moderation tools but don't like the fact that posts have to wait for approval. It would be nice to have whole forum thresholds. (Thresholds for every member) This could be done by either making the "waiting for approval" part optional or to have the thresholds avaialbe even if your not moderating new user's. Just an idea.  Wink

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum