Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
croc

Missing pictures from older posts

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : miag@myfreeforum

I have been checking on older posts and the pictures have disappeared and are doing so on a daily basis, please can you advise help me out by letting me know why this is happening?
regards
Steve
myff admin

Are the pictures uploaded using the myff gallery? unviewed pictures in the myff gallery are very occasionally expired, but this is not daily.
croc

myff admin wrote:
Are the pictures uploaded using the myff gallery? unviewed pictures in the myff gallery are very occasionally expired, but this is not daily.

Yes they are and it is saying that they are time expired how can I stop this from happening as I am losing research material?
myff admin

how old are these posts, the myff gallery is a forum gallery not a free research archive, it simply is not intended as long term permanent storage.
croc

myff admin wrote:
how old are these posts, the myff gallery is a forum gallery not a free research archive, it simply is not intended as long term permanent storage.

These posts are from 2012 but I was not aware that information was deleted after a certain time as my members of the forum do relate back to them from time to time.
croc

myff admin wrote:
I have been asked by some of the members of the forum after I reported back to them if it would be possible to still remain secret and the information and pictures were not deleted or expired pictures no longer viewable were to remain. they are now aware of the issue and that as you say it is not for long term storage but if we could either alter this for a yearly donation to the forum admin to help cover the costs would this be possible? the general view is that everyone likes the forum set up that we have with you and it would be a major drama for us to find somewhere else. I would be grateful if you can give some consideration to this request.
kind regards
steve
myff admin

You can use other photo systems.  The myff gallery does not have a paid option.
croc

myff admin wrote:
You can use other photo systems.  The myff gallery does not have a paid option.

Thank you for your reply, the members like the direct option of how they post pictures as it is so much easier to do but if there is no way round this issue then they do not have much choice other than to use photobucket or similar.
regards steve

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum