Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Cloverfield

Member Exchange?

Anyone want to member exchange. You also have to post a message in the welcome section saying Hi. I will do the same for your site.

Heres the site - www.futuramaff.com

Post in this thread your web-site and i'll join right away
Hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer.myfastforum.org/

I had this idea earlier with "Dial it Up"!

JOIN MINE. I joined yours!
Cloverfield

Done
Hardcoregamer

Thanks!
Cloverfield

No problem mate
frodododo

Anybody want to member exchange with me?

www.thelostworld.myfreeforum.org

just sign up, say hello in the welcome section, pm me with your site, then i'll do the same!
symon

The only point i see for this is to boost figures ??

Most people will join post a welcome may post 1 or 2 post and your never see them again.

Just how many forums can you be a good active member of ???
Cloverfield

Well, it gives them a good Futurama forum if they ever want to talk about it. They won't have to join one because they are already joined to one, and yes, another factor would be to boost stats. It will help out forums just beginning because no one likes to join a forum with 4 members.
symon

Ok i join a club it has only 4 active members but yet each week these 4 are there talking playing and trying to move the club forward.
I then join a club with over 200 on its books but i find over 100 of them never show up(members who join just to leave a link), half are just trouble (spam bots) some are just members who signed up twice etc etc.

I know which club i,d rather join.
Cloverfield

Surely he one with 100 active members.
symon

www.futuramaff.com wrote:
Surely he one with 100 active members.

Wrong answer as you missed the point i,d join the one with 4 real members as the club is geniune and not fake.

any club that leave members on there books that they know are trouble (spam bots) and allow members to pop in once then never return (link exchange etc ) would in my mind be false advertising.

One good thing about stats is that you can fix them to suit your every need.
myff admin

People look in my experience for quality posts on a forum, I join loads of forums generally briefly as I have a question or two to ask, I never that I can think of look at the membership list, I look at whether I think I'll get a response.

Of course mostly a few days later the forum won't see me for dust, but such is life, if you run say a forum on "diesel cars" to quote an example of a forum I joined and left, you will get members who join because they have a need for some answers and will natter for a week, but once they have learned what they want they won't be back.

But each such person does bring value to your forum, as they will have added to the relevant discussion, encouraged your long term members and helped with the search engines.
Hardcoregamer

frodododo wrote:
Anybody want to member exchange with me?

www.thelostworld.myfreeforum.org

just sign up, say hello in the welcome section, pm me with your site, then i'll do the same!

I will.

MINE IS: http://hardcoregamer.myfastforum.org/
symon

I can see your point .

But my point was for the ones that join post their link and never return or just post hello and reply to the hellos and then leave, to me there is no point of this.

I too join forums like phpbb and phpbbsmith just to ask a questions but i never join a forum just for the sake of joining it and never post.

For example downsizer have looked a few times but as yet havnt joined, as i don't think i have anything to contribute as of yet.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum