Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
rabiddog

member deleting own post

http://midwalesoffroaders.myfreeforum.org

hi can some tell me how to stop members deleting there posts as i just moved with some fellow member from an old forum after people would start fights then delete post before admins have seen them
Bravo

Admin panel > 2. General > Configuration > Post Edit time

Now this stops them editing their posts after the time you put in.  I am pretty sure it stops them deleting too, but not 100%
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Bravo wrote:
Admin panel > 2. General > Configuration > Post Edit time

Now this stops them editing their posts after the time you put in.  I am pretty sure it stops them deleting too, but not 100%

Just tested it on one of my old useless posts on this forum and no it doesn't stop people deleting their posts, it only stops them editing it.

The way to stop them deleting the post will be to edit the permissions of each forum section within the forum management section of the admin panel and setting it so that only mods or admins can delete posts.
Zudane

bb3 has permissions for deleting posts... I'm not sure about bb2
myff admin

I believe it is there in advanced forum permissions, but this is not really a permissions issue, it is a Moderation issue.

You don't stop people abusing a forum with "tech" options, you stop it with a solid moderation policy that if people abuse, leads to a ban.

The tech option ( and we have a lot here ) help, but are no substitute for enforcing a sane set of rules.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

in phpBB2 you need to go into the admin panel

then goto Forums: Permissions then you need to edit each forum and go into the advanced options and set the delete option to either mod or admin.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum