Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
fountainpen

making a banner for top of forum

http://trueblood.myfastforum.org/

Ok ive altered the template but i want a banner
above the ad .Ive read the how to do it but just cant.
Can someone guide me through it please .I would lie to put some side banners too.Its the first time ive done a forum so im no expert.
thanks
myff admin

We have many very successful forums that have not changed banners. Make a good forum and you will find people to do a banner for you.
fountainpen

Hi, I followed how to instructions .Its really a Banner at the top to say what the forum is is what im after but cant seem to work it somehow.
thanks
myff admin

Most styles will show the forums description from the admin panel.

The style you have selected does not do this, and the logo can only be sensibly changed to one of the same size.

You should select a more suitable style.
GentleD

Do you mean you are just trying to change your logo, or the whole look of the top of the forum? Because if it is the logo, you just need something to replace it with that is the same size, 300x80.

Kat
fountainpen

I just want a logo as if you click to the forum you really dont know what its about.I just want some thing a little eye catching.
Ive created editors account managed to change web template etc , set up the forum but i want some logo with True blood on at the top and maybe banners at the side .Ive messed about hours and still cant do it .Ive followed the how to bit too.

true blood forum
myff admin

You give us no clue as to what you don't understand or what you have done?

You ignore my point about other templates allowing a simply description...

Two people have posted about the need to create a logo of the same size as the existing one, but you don't respond even to that
fountainpen

Hi ,I cant say anymore than what i have done.Ive gave a link to my site .
I have follow the how to regarding headers and footers yet no logo appear nor any banners .
I was hoping that someone may help thats all.
myff admin

You don't give a link to what guide you have followed.

You don't answer my questions?

No one can even have a clue if you have even done an alternative logo.

To get support you have to give us something to work with.
fountainpen

I have followed this regard banners

banners

I follwed the same regard logos on a nother page but from the how to do it.

The banner im trying is any from this site

banners

Banners
[url=]banners[/url]

Like I said i am no expert and am omly asking for help.
myff admin

So it is a banner that is not the same size as the one you want to replace, and you are using a template that does not allow a forum description or automatic replacement of the logo.

Change to a style that is more suitable, where a description shows and the logo allows replacement without editing templates.
Nick(NR)

general configuration, check for template override and turn it off and make sure you set the template to one that's on one of your four slots available.
fountainpen

Ive been into general configuration this is the setting already is this correct?

Override user style
Replaces users style with the default  Yes
fountainpen

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
So it is a banner that is not the same size as the one you want to replace, and you are using a template that does not allow a forum description or automatic replacement of the logo.

Change to a style that is more suitable, where a description shows and the logo allows replacement without editing templates.

Which one do you suggest ?
Bravo

fountainpen wrote:
Which one do you suggest ?

Subsilver
Nick(NR)

fountainpen wrote:
Ive been into general configuration this is the setting already is this correct?

Override user style
Replaces users style with the default  Yes

turn it off and set it to one of you template slots, you have four to allow you to add a template and then to edit it, you'll need to copy it to one of those slots, you'd then be able to set it for the entire board to see, including the need to manually change it in a user profile if they signed up while a different template was the default one.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum