Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Andrew(AP)

Logo's for my forum made by alz, bravo, and me

What do you guys think about these logos? Which do you think i should use for my forum?

Bravo

Mine

Alz
myff admin

Bravo's

I am none too keen on the "stock people photo" look.
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Bravo's

Stands out a mile as being the more professional (IMHO)
Alz

Symon wrote:
admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Bravo's

Stands out a mile as being the more professional (IMHO)

Well.. This is the first banner I've made in Photoshop. So I still need more practice.
Bravo

Alz wrote:
Well.. This is the first banner I've made in Photoshop. So I still need more practice.

That's what CG Arts is all about...people get to practice on making better artwork, as a side bonus people get free art made.

The requestor helps the artist push themselves and improve, the artist gets tasks that are possibly outside their 'comfort zone' so aiding them in the quest for improvement.

So long as you learned a little in the making of this it really doesn't matter which one gets placed as the final version, because everyone has already won

I like each of these in their own individual way, though if I had to choose one, I would choose Andrews, I like the style of the breaks, though Alz's is definitely excellent, especially for a new user
Andrew(AP)

I like bravo's out of them all. And bravo would you possbily be able to make a tutorial on how to fade images into a background like that? Or get a link to one already beause i've been searching all over google this morning and couldn't quite find what i want.

And im using gimp so im not sure if its possbile with gimp or not.
Bravo

I've never used Gimp at all mate, so not the right person to make a tut on it....in Photoshop, you just slide the opacity slider down to whatever percentage you want it at
Andrew(AP)

Oh, alrighty then, thanks any way. Ill try and search some more and see what i can come up with

Oh, and bravo what is your screen resolution?
Bravo

Andrew(AP) wrote:
Oh, and bravo what is your screen resolution?

1280x960
Andrew(AP)

Alright, does the logo you made go off the end of the page on my forum?

Because i was getting some comments on another forum saying that the banner is making the page stretch.
Alz

Andrew(AP) wrote:
I like bravo's out of them all. And bravo would you possbily be able to make a tutorial on how to fade images into a background like that? Or get a link to one already beause i've been searching all over google this morning and couldn't quite find what i want.

And im using gimp so im not sure if its possbile with gimp or not.

It's exactly the same in Photoshop & GIMP. Create a new layer, paste all of the stocks on there, and slide the opacity down. (On the Layers dialog Wink )
Andrew(AP)

Im not a know it all at those few words Opacity Slider

So your saying i get my background on lets say i got a black background then i paste a picture or get one from my file then i goto my layers dialouge and then i click on the picture and slide the opacity slide thing a little to the left as it goes down to 0, just set it where i want it?
Alz

Andrew(AP) wrote:
Im not a know it all at those few words Opacity Slider

So your saying i get my background on lets say i got a black background then i paste a picture or get one from my file then i goto my layers dialouge and then i click on the picture and slide the opacity slide thing a little to the left as it goes down to 0, just set it where i want it?

Yes.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum