Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
symon

Link buttons for facebook, myspace , bebo

It seems that not even Facebook themselves offer a button to link to anyones profile, so i have made a beta one, the problems io have are:-

1 I have to either link to a general search of that persons name

or

2. The person entering their info must know their id number which i can link straight too.

For example

http://testhtml.myfastforum.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

you will see a facebook button click on it and it should go too my profile, this only works as i know my id number.
symon

It now looks like i have the myspace button all sorted, i can not check this as i do not have an account but it does link to myspace an tells me i should be logged in to perform this actions, the data needed for this is simply the persons screen name.
symon

Well bebo went the same way as myspace, very easy.

All that is needed is your screen name or real name.

You can now see the 3 examples

http://testhtml.myfastforum.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

Oh and thank you son for letting me use your name for bebo
symon

Symon wrote:
It now looks like i have the myspace button all sorted, i can not check this as i do not have an account but it does link to myspace an tells me i should be logged in to perform this actions, the data needed for this is simply the persons screen name.

I have now changed the original link which was to add someone, it is now to link to someone's profile instead.

Now for copyright stuff all i think i need now is 3 images for bebo, facebook and myspace.
symon

And now available in viewtopic_body at the very bottom, they will only appear if someone has entered the data, for example if they have only 2 out of 3 then only 2 out of 3 will show.

example here

http://testhtml.myfastforum.org/about6.html
Nick(NR)

Too late, logo's were in before I read the pm, shout me and I'll change if need be
symon

Nick(NR) wrote:

Too late, logo's were in before I read the pm, shout me and I'll change if need be

Cheers nick and have them live as we speak.
Nick(NR)

much smoother
symon

It seems as if bebo is tempermental.

Using the link straight into a browser works fine however if you try it though the button it makes you sin in and then sticks to one profile no matter how many different buttons you click.

So it looks like the way forward will be the same as faxcebook by using your member id number rather than name.

Just wondering how many people would be interested in having these ?

As as far as i,m aware no other forum host offer these buttons art all ? well not for facebook thats for sure as not even facebook offers this.
symon

It seems as if bebo is tempermental.

Using the link straight into a browser works fine however if you try it though the button it makes you sin in and then sticks to one profile no matter how many different buttons you click.

So it looks like the way forward will be the same as facebook by using your member id number rather than name.

Just wondering how many people would be interested in having these ?

As as far as i,m aware no other forum host offer these buttons art all ? well not for facebook thats for sure as not even facebook offers this.
symon

I have found out that the persons bebo account i had been testing on has some werid settings where they do not show unless you are a friend or signed in?

So its back to route one when entering your bebo name in your profile you need to enter your bebo name and not id number.

if you have the problem as above then you need to alter your settings or people have to sign in to bebo to see you.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum