Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
OutlawTorn

Latest Topics Upgrade

I just wanted to share a little enhancement I conjoured up to my Latest Topics Portal ^_^

By replacing your current Latest code, with this:
Code:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline" align="center">
<!-- BEGIN switch_latest_title -->
 <tr>
   <th colspan="1" width="150" height="25" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">{L_COMPONENT_LATEST}</th>
 </tr>
<!-- END switch_latest_title -->

<!-- BEGIN topics_latest -->
 <tr>
   <td class="row1" colspan="1" height="20"><span class="topictitle">{topics_latest.LAST_POST_IMG} <a href="{topics_latest.U_LINK}" class="topictitle">{topics_latest.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><span class="postdetails"> by {topics_latest.LAST_POST_AUTHOR} {topics_latest.LAST_POST_IMG} {topics_latest.LAST_POST_TIME}</span></td>
 </tr>
<!-- END topics_latest -->
<!-- BEGIN posts_latest -->
 <tr>
   <td class="row1" colspan="1" height="28"><span class="topictitle"><a href="{posts_latest.U_LINK}" class="topictitle">{posts_latest.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td valign="top" ><span class="postbody">{posts_latest.MESSAGE}</span></td>
 </tr>
<!-- END posts_latest -->

</table>

You end up with a Latest Topics Portal, that looks like mine (scroll down)
http://rpgteamonline.myfreeforum.org/index.php?/

With this, you get a the Author, the date, and 2 quick-links to the latest post itself.

My users & I agreed that this was a upgrade for how easy it actually was to pull off :P.

-peace-
Nick(NR)

While I commend you on a job well done, this would've been available at the start of last year had someone requested it, as no one did, it never got done.

All the same nice job

One question tho, why have you added colspan="1" to every table cell, you only have one column per row so you don't need it

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum