Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
archers-rest

Latest portal not always latest

An intermitent problem with the latest posts portal is begining to occur more regulaly, every now and then it will show old threads as 'latest posts' when infact they have been posted in for weeks.
myff admin

Is it threads with a poll?
archers-rest

No, everything
myff admin

You need to post when this can actually be seen.
archers-rest

That would be virtually impossible im afraid as once you reload the page its ok again
archers-rest

Now (Bright Sparks thread is at the top but hasnt been posted in for days)
symon

archers-rest wrote:
Now (Bright Sparks thread is at the top but hasnt been posted in for days)
Ahh bad timing Admin out of office till tonight.
myff admin

Can you give a link to the thread?
archers-rest

http://archersrest.myfreeforum.org/about1077.html
myff admin

I can't see anything odd there, the one way I can think this could happen is that as the results are cached, someone could post to a thread and then delete their post, thus invisibly bumping it. It sounds unlikely, but is that anymore unlikely than some fairly tried and tested code that pulls things out of the database in date order getting it wrong?
Hardcoregamer

Re: Latest portal not always latest

archers-rest wrote:
An intermitent problem with the latest posts portal is begining to occur more regulaly, every now and then it will show old threads as 'latest posts' when infact they have been posted in for weeks.

I am having the same problem. It happens very rarely on occasion but it may become worse. I will take a screenshot next time it happens because after refreshing it goes right back to normal. Not a big problem on my part though.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum