Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Guru

http://gdmisfits.myfastforum.org

Please be aware that you need a login to see our forum, which I know is not particularly helpful when you are trying to help but it is at the request of our members.  Admin, I know you have a login.  If anyone else who can help would like one please let me know and I will happily supply one.

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:  Karma

I have followed the howtodoit guide on installing the karma feature.  I have managed to create the three Karma fields - KARMA, KARMA_TOTAL, and KARMA_COUNT.

It means that members can now give each other karma, but the hearts do not display.

When I entered the code into the viewtopic_body.tpl it caused all sorts of problems.  The topic displays changed.  The avatars of every single person who posted on that thread appears at the top of the thread before the posts are displayed.

As a result I had to remove the code.

I followed Symon's instructions to the letter so I'm not quite sure what I did wrong.

I realise lots of questions have been asked about Karma and I have read lots of threads but nothing seems to cover this issue.  All help is much appreciated.
myff admin

Why not create a guest viewable test forum?

If the instructions were followed to the letter it would be working, it is easy to make mistakes with templates.

You need to try again, and post a link to the result, and also within [code][/code] tags post the template edit you made. Actually as the KARMA portal can be set to show automatically as can the KARMA profile field, it should not be necessary these days to make template edits at all.
Guru

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Why not create a guest viewable test forum?

Actually as the KARMA portal can be set to show automatically as can the KARMA profile field, it should not be necessary these days to make template edits at all.

That's interesting, are there instructions somewhere on how to get the KARMA portal and KARMA profile field to show automatically?  I would rather not touch the template code at all - I am frightened I will break something!

I think a test forum may be the way forward for future template edits.  I'll talk to my fellow Admin person about it.
myff admin

If you look at the KARMA portal settings you will see the option.

The same with the KARMA field you create.

Look at "topic display"
Guru

Ooo... I got a bit further.  But the image box is broken.

ranks/Hearts/rankl{postrow.KARMA}.gif

is what I put in here:

And this is the result on the topic display

myff admin

I have done it for you, which I really don't make a habit of doing.

Lots of little errors there, like image setting in the KARMA portal where none are needed and incorrect image settings in the KARMA field.
Guru

Ooooo you get a big kiss!  Thanks so much!  

If most of our members weren't married you'd be getting proposals I suspect  
Guru

Oh lordy we're going to have members upset that they have no karma/less hearts than other people.  *sigh*

Maybe we should add the birthday hack instead  

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum