Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
danm97

Just a thought about spam on MYFF support forum...

Hi Martin,

Since we all have every tool to stop spams like you keep having on the support forum, why dont you put every new members on moderation for at least their 1st few posts ??

I know Nick and Bravo would say nothing beats a good moderator team and I agree but I think seting the moderation option would show how good a forum can be run with those options, and still the moderators are needed to approve or delete the posts.

I know this would mean normal members wouldnt be abble to see the support questions and answer them if they know the right answer but it would be only for the 1st few post this member post.

Its just a thought since I get a email each time a new topic is created on this forum (I keep myself informed on whats goin on here ) and see its near 2 spam threads each day on here.
Bravo

If you decide to have an email for every topic that's your choice.  Yes it is a bit of a pain when like just now we had that major(ish) spam attack just now, but I got it sorted out within 15 minutes of it starting. Not as though we have threads full of spam is it?  We're on top of it, we have a good team here, each playing their role effectively.

As this is a support forum we have to keep it more open than an ordinary forum would, we need to maximise people's ability to communicate with us, as conceivably their problem could be a problem that such as moderation brings up, so they wouldn't be able to report it.
myff admin

As you say yourself if we use the moderation option then only the MODS can answer a newbies question.

That is too big a drawback as it goes against everything I'd like the support forum to be.

Between the mods and myself spam probably lasts less than 10 mins on average.
Nick(NR)

myff admin wrote:
As you say yourself if we use the moderation option then only the MODS can answer a newbies question.

That is too big a drawback as it goes against everything I'd like the support forum to be.

Between the mods and myself spam probably lasts less than 10 mins on average.

Agreed, I also believe there a few members who are knowledgeable to assist, who may also be in another timezone and better positioned timewise to help, like your self Dan
danm97

Yeah ok, kinda knew I had answered myself in my post lol

Youre right guys, since this forum is a support forum, if you new members posting privilege, it might just be more confusing for them. And true those spams are dealt very quickly.

And true Nick, I would hate not being able to answer the questions I know the answer

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum