Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.
 


       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
bazfalty

Is there any reason

That the admin of the site have the courtesy to at least give me an answer in this thread http://forum.myfreeforum.org/about21298.html

when they are quite happy to reply to threads about chatboxes and favicons when just a simple search on the forum would give the member asking these questions the answers.

I don't know how I could of upset anyone, but I find it quite rude when I'm just suggesting something to improve the service you give and to be totally ignored.
myff admin

You know we pretty much always respond.

In this case I think something odd has happened with notifications as I have totally missed that thread.
The Cynical Hermit

Re: Is there any reason

bazfalty wrote:
That the admin of the site have the courtesy to at least give me an answer in this thread http://forum.myfreeforum.org/about21298.html

when they are quite happy to reply to threads about chatboxes and favicons when just a simple search on the forum would give the member asking these questions the answers.

I don't know how I could of upset anyone, but I find it quite rude when I'm just suggesting something to improve the service you give and to be totally ignored.


*sigh* show me one other post on this entire site where the thing that actually worked for my favicon is, besides on the topic that I created.  Also I would be forever grateful if you would show me a shoutbox that would work, when clearly it has even flumoxed the admins.
bazfalty

just a search on google tells you how to install a favicon

http://www.unclestinkstradingpost.com/phpbb3favicon.html
The Cynical Hermit

bazfalty wrote:
just a search on google tells you how to install a favicon

http://www.unclestinkstradingpost.com/phpbb3favicon.html


I said on this site?  That also says prosilver ONLY! which would have meant I would have taken no notice of it if I did find it.  Put your toys back in your pram you've got what you wanted.
bazfalty

i would suggest trying to build your forum up and try and walk before you can run.  

The admin have posted they didnt see my post.  I dont ask for much but when you have a forum that has had over 4 million page views in less than a year I would have thought my views would be taken into consideration.  I know there not always possible such as the hide bbcode, but i didnt think this one would take to much implementing.
The Cynical Hermit

bazfalty wrote:
i would suggest trying to build your forum up and try and walk before you can run.  

The admin have posted they didnt see my post.  I dont ask for much but when you have a forum that has had over 4 million page views in less than a year I would have thought my views would be taken into consideration.  I know there not always possible such as the hide bbcode, but i didnt think this one would take to much implementing.


Thank you for the advice, i'll be sure to wipe my ass with it. It says a lot for your communication skills that the only way you can get people to take any notice of you is by attacking others.
bazfalty

cynical by name, cynical by nature. Always a good starting point for an admin of a successful forum to be.  

Edit ; looking at your forum maybe best for me to delete the successful out of the sentence.
The Cynical Hermit

bazfalty wrote:
cynical by name, cynical by nature. Always a good starting point for an admin of a successful forum to be.  

Edit ; looking at your forum maybe best for me to delete the successful out of the sentence.


Ok fella you carry on, I come on here looking for advice not to argue with simpletons

All the very best to you
Bravo

Take a breather folks, these things aren't worth falling out over.  I'm sure no real offence was meant from either side, just this type of thing can blow up out of proportion very quickly.  Many a time I see something and think 'whoa there' and I find either not replying or making sure my reply is 'disarming' is the best way.
In either event this doesn't add to the thread, admin has said he missed the thread due to some notification issue.  There has been lots of code posted without tags and this can cause very strange hiccups sometimes (not saying that is what happened, it is just a possibilty).

In 6 years I haven't seen admin miss many threads so a little leeway on this one.

Anyway, question asked and answered, so am locking the thread.

       myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum