Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Interface improvements

I has just having a little rant about a very useful feature on an AV amplifier (dynamic range compression) that deserves to be a one click toggle between modes on the remote control, but on my amplifier is a dozen clicks to do  

It occurred to me that we should be looking at myff phpbb2 forums for examples of poor ergonomics, only last year did we finally for example make "mass delete users" show things so that the spammers likely to need deleting showed up first. It's a smaller example, but saves a few clicks and hence time.

So is there anything else like that?
Ask Mr. Religion

The way permissions are set up, one must do this on a forum by forum basis. For example, in the User Permissions panel, for a mod I must select each forum drop down menu to set the mod status. Would be nice to have "Set all Is Moderator" and "Set all is Not moderator" button.

Forum Permissions is similar in that each and every forum is a separate effort. Might consider having a global setting for all forums. Then one can then go in and change the few that are special.

One other suggestion. To backup all my TPLs etc, I must individually select them, then copy/paste them into separate files for storage on my computer. Would be awfully nice to have a "Zip everything for backup" feature that grabs all TPLs, cms, etc. that are available for editing from the Edit Templates/Logos control panel that could be downloaded in one or two clicks.

AMR
myff admin

For the first issue you might want to look at groups, e.g. a global mods group can be set up.

backup/restore of templates and portal setting though is a very good idea.
Ask Mr. Religion

myff admin wrote:
For the first issue you might want to look at groups, e.g. a global mods group can be set up.
Excellent idea.

Quote:
backup/restore of templates and portal setting though is a very good idea.
Thanks for considering this. Now that I have copies of all my templates locally it is not a big issue for me. But, sigh, creating that first set was a multi-hour exercise.

I use Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com) and have all my site templates in a directory on my PC that is mirrored on the Dropbox site.

So when I make a change to any file that change is immediately duplicated at Dropbox.com. In fact, a history of changes is kept for each file. Sort of a poor man's change control process. I get 2Gb free at Dropbox so this costs me nothing and gives me plenty of peace of mind. Of course I also have my files backed up on an external USB drive. Good to have triple redundancy.

Another suggestion: I would like a means of backup for all my forum's smilies that could easily be uploaded. A couple of years ago I was working with the smilie control panel and when selecting several smilies to be deleted then clicking the delete button something went amiss and I lost them all. Spent a day reloading them and that was very painful.

AMR

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum