Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
mmesantos1

Image Upload issue

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

http://linuxscreenshotsforum.myfreeforum.org/

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Hello,
I am having a issue with uploading images on my forum. It does not seem to matter which forum and the issue is intermittent so it does not occur all the time and does not follow any certain user or group. I get this error:
The image file you tried to attach is invalid.

It does not seem to matter the image size or dimensions. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
myff admin

That will occur if the image fails to look like an image to this function:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mime-content-type.php

e.g. a file has been uploaded claiming to be an image, but on examination does not look legitimate.
mmesantos1

Hello and thank you for responding,
I have verified settings are correct in the ACP for file size, I have noticed that if the image is 2MB or less it uploads fine, anything over that amount will give the error even though I have it set to allow 7MB in size. All uploads are valid images, screenshots I take like others on the forum. If you could please help resolve this issue, you may need to to check my ini.memory_limit.
Also I am not familiar with all you terminology so if you could please break it down in laymans terms that would be great. I have googled the issue and others make mention of editing files I do not have access to do to the nature of the host of my forum. I really will need you to check things that I can not access since I have verified all settings in the ACP are correct. Thank you in advance for your help with this issue. My forum is rather new so I would like to try and get this taken care of quickly.

Marc

Forum Link: http://linuxscreenshotsforum.myfreeforum.org/
myff admin

There is a physical limit in the upload software of 2mb.

Anything over that or really anything close to that is not suitable for viewing on a forum really. The resolution would be higher than anyone’s screen size.
mmesantos1

myff admin wrote:
There is a physical limit in the upload software of 2mb.

Anything over that or really anything close to that is not suitable for viewing on a forum really. The resolution would be higher than anyone’s screen size.

First I would like to thank you for the quick response. I am sure you are doing this limit on file size to minimize usage of the servers, but for the 2mb image size not being viewable on your monitor really is not a true statement. Resolution and file size do not always go hand and hand so this would not be a true statement. At any rate I will leave it at file size 2MB limit and I understand why you have set the limit so thank you again for your help.
Nick(NR)

mmesantos1 wrote:
for the 2mb image size not being viewable on your monitor really is not a true statement. Resolution and file size do not always go hand and hand so this would not be a true statement.

It is, but at the same time isn't, as we all know it depends on the chosen format for the image, as people may know a jpg will have far greater compression than a png, I assume you looking to have hd quality pics in your forums gallery?

You could use: http://www.galleryhosted.com/ and either link to it or try to embed it into a webpage, they have a 10mb limit and a 300 image allowance.
mmesantos1

Thank you Nick for the alternative, I appreciate that info. I understand why you have the limit so it is fine. Thank you again for you support and for offering free hosting of forums.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum