Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
carter12

I was stupid enough to allow a rouge admin in.

Edited by symon

Screaming in caps that some one hacked your forum is a lie.

You have finally admitted that you made some one you didnt know an admin who then went on to mess it up.

NEVER make anyone an admin for the fun of it.
myff admin

You can use the control panel to restore admin access if this has been removed:

http://myfreeforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

But your forum has not been "hacked". There is a rogue admin or a stupid password in use, or some other obvious explanation.
carter12

please help i still cant get my forum back it says max login attemps please wait 9999 mins

please can somebody help
myff admin

I have upped the allowed attempts and reduced the reset time on this forum.
But you would be better off being more informative about what has gone on?
carter12

somebody somehow made themself an admin w/o my permisson and somehow tried to block me

and now have changed my password please help
myff admin

The question is who and how? This is something you as admin should be able to answer?

It is only possible if your own security was lax. Unless you know what you did wrong you will do it again.
carter12

well he was a member and he said that he would be able to get me more members if i put him as a admin so he could improve my forum and is name is dylan and has changed my password
carter12

its ok now ive regain control over my forum
symon

carter12 wrote:
well he was a member and he said that he would be able to get me more members if i put him as a admin so he could improve my forum and is name is dylan and has changed my password

So you first post all in caps was total rubbish then, as no one hacked your forum, you made someone you didnt know an admin and they ruined your board.
myff admin

So this is your fault, and you knew it, and yet you came on here and said our forum are hackable

I suggest you apologise!
Splash

Hey Carter, Who Was It You Made Admin, The Ben10 person?
Louise

A bit of a silly mistake to trust a STRANGER with YOUR forum if you don't mind me saying.
myff admin

I don't mind mistakes, people make them, and annoyed as I am at this post, it has the saving grace of an admission as to what went on. We do get this situation occurring and the poster unwilling to fess up to what occurred

So lets hope an apology is given and we can move on
carter12

Sorry people

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum