Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Roy

I need help

Like every body i want to generate more traffic to my forum and increase the amount of members i have, but i don't no how to sign up to search engines and if its free to do as i dn't have a advertising budget of any kind.
myff admin

as this gets asked all the time, by and large signing on for search engines is a myth. If you get links to your forum from other sites search engines find you.
Roy

admin wrote:

as this gets asked all the time, by and large signing on for search engines is a myth. If you get links to your forum from other sites search engines find you.

Oh thats a shock because i've seen a few of these sites saying register now and advertise your site on the search engine/s. So this is really just a con then.

Lets say you've got six or seven links back to your site from other forums how long would it take to be put on search engines and is there a way without having to go through thousands of pages of sites in order to find yours ie a rank system or something like that.
Bravo

do links in signatures count as a link, or does it have to be a main page link?
myff admin

Signing up for the coop ad network via the control panel will help get you links and you will find loads of measuring tools on the coop ad site.
BabesnPets

admin wrote:
Signing up for the coop ad network via the control panel will help get you links and you will find loads of measuring tools on the coop ad site.

where is the control panel?? i would be interested in that too, thanks.
love rach xx
myff admin

Bravo wrote:
do links in signatures count as a link, or does it have to be a main page link?

ANy link is a good link!

The Control panel is linked from the Howtodoit main page, where Symon has oddly called it the forum footer, or from "Login" on our www.myfreeforum.org www.myfastforum.org web sites.
Bravo

admin wrote:
ANy link is a good link!

Ooh, that is good news as I am (you may have noticed) a serial forum poster onner

I can feel an across the board sig edit coming on...
myff admin

Bravo wrote:
admin wrote:
ANy link is a good link!

Ooh, that is good news as I am (you may have noticed) a serial forum poster onner

I can feel an across the board sig edit coming on...

You have been ok on posting, but we have one person posting a lot currently who is on a knife edge as far as getting banned for spamming

We can't actually run a support forum, if people are just posting bollux at the end of every thread, real questions end up getting lost Someone yesterday went hours without an answer for no other reason than me and probably others missing their question amongst the mindless spamming.
Nick(NR)

admin wrote:

but we have one person posting a lot currently who is on a knife edge as far as getting banned for spamming

We can't actually run a support forum, if people are just posting bollux at the end of every thread

I'd like to guess at that please, I'm sure I've already had a pop at this member for pointless posting
Roy

admin wrote:

Ecellent i'll have to sign up for that, is it free lol.

I hope that person is'nt me although i don't think anyones had a pop at me yet and i'm one of these that try's to stay on the right side of the rules.
Nick(NR)

Roy wrote:
admin wrote:

Ecellent i'll have to sign up for that, is it free lol.

I hope that person is'nt me although i don't think anyones had a pop at me yet and i'm one of these that try's to stay on the right side of the rules.

If it is who I think it is, then it isn't you as you've been asking kindly for help and thanking people when you get it like 9 out of every 10 do on here.

I wont post the members name as I'm not in a posistion to do so, nor would it be very polite of me either.
Roy

Nick(NR) wrote:
If it is who I think it is, then it isn't you as you've been asking kindly for help and thanking people when you get it like 9 out of every 10 do on here.

I wont post the members name as I'm not in a posistion to do so, nor would it be very polite of me either.

Thanks mate. Thats it i'm happy now i've found the thumbs smiley lol.

I would'nt ask you to name him/her mate because i no it could put you or both of us in the bad books.

Quote:
admin wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this is this free.
myff admin

The coop ad network is free and is effective, and no I wasn't having a pop at you.
Roy

admin wrote:
The coop ad network is free and is effective, and no I wasn't having a pop at you.

Excellent two bits of good news in one day now all i need is people to join my forum lol. Thanks once again admin.
BabesnPets

Nick(NR) wrote:
admin wrote:

but we have one person posting a lot currently who is on a knife edge as far as getting banned for spamming

We can't actually run a support forum, if people are just posting bollux at the end of every thread

I'd like to guess at that please, I'm sure I've already had a pop at this member for pointless posting

and now i have just realised who you mean too. anyway, can you tell me where to find this coop thingy, PLEASE????
Love rach xx
Roy

BabesnPets wrote:

and now i have just realised who you mean too. anyway, can you tell me where to find this coop thingy, PLEASE????
Love rach xx[/quote]

Go into the control panel and its under the last option called extras i think and in the little wright up about what this option offers there's a link to the page that lets you set this up.

I hope that helps mate. Wink
symon

Read this thread and it should help you.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...?component=content&topicid=55

As for the serial spammer thanks i have just spent 20 mins Reading dead threads when i could have been helping real peoples questions
Roy

symon wrote:
As for the serial spammer thanks i have just spent 20 mins Reading dead threads when i could have been helping real peoples questions

I have a bad feeling this is pointed at me because i've made a several posts today, i hope its not but i have a bad feeling it is.
myff admin

Roy wrote:
symon wrote:

I have a bad feeling this is pointed at me because i've made a several posts today, i hope its not but i have a bad feeling it is.

it is not in the slightest aimed at anyone with a legit question or point to make, in fact the serial spammer has just been banned.
Roy

admin wrote:
Roy wrote:
symon wrote:

it is not in the slightest aimed at anyone with a legit question or point to make, in fact the serial spammer has just been banned.

Oh ok, sorry i guess i'm paraniod (spelling) because i try my hardest to stay on the right side of the rules.
symon

As admin has said it was not aimed at you roy it was aimed at soul he was given enough warning but chose to ignore it
Roy

symon wrote:
As admin has said it was not aimed at you roy it was aimed at soul he was given enough warning but chose to ignore it

Ah, sorry mate as i said to admin i was very paraniod and thought i was in trouble lol.

If someone breaks the rules here and are an admin of there own forum would it affect that forum and how.
myff admin

Roy wrote:
symon wrote:

Ah, sorry mate as i said to admin i was very paraniod and thought i was in trouble lol.

If someone breaks the rules here and are an admin of there own forum would it affect that forum and how.

Someone getting banned from this forum does not effect their own forum, except so far as the fact they are going to struggle to find support, as we only offer support via this forum

We try really hard not to have to ban people, but sometimes we have to I see Soul still has 80 largely useless posts left making him 40th top poster on this forum in the space of two months membership despite me and Symon deleting dozens of his spamming posts.

He was warned by Symon and me, and both times responded that it was somehow our fault for not locking/archiving topics others also complained in posts about him spamming, but he carried on regardless.

We simply will not and can not tolerate behaviour that wrecks our ability to support people.

We can enjoy some banter on these forums in offtopic, but the rest of the forum needs to be about being able to offer decent support.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum