Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Tomi

I am really Confused

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

www.generaltalk.myfunforum.org
Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
On my forum I have recently added somebody as a Admin with me, his name is Idrees. Almost as soon as I did this I am not a Adin anymore eventhough I made the Forum. He is insisting that he hasn't made me change as he says he can see it but I need help.
editor

You can check and reset admin status in the owner control panel.
At myfunforum.org
Tomi

editor wrote:
You can check and reset admin status in the owner control panel.
At myfunforum.org
Sorry I do not really understand
myff admin

http://myfunforum.org/index.php?o...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

Allows you access to a control panel where admin accounts can be checked and reset.
Tomi

myff admin wrote:

Allows you access to a control panel where admin accounts can be checked and reset.

I know it's name General Talk but I don't know the password
Bravo

Tomi wrote:

The password you used when you set the forum up
Tomi

Bravo wrote:
Tomi wrote:

The password you used when you set the forum up

I tried
Forum Name:General Talk
Password:(My account one) Nothing happened, I don't know about my Forum Password, only my Password for my Account
Bravo

When you set the account up, ie the original forum.  The first admin account you had.  That password.
Tomi

Sorry, I tried that. Is there any other way?
I have asked three other people and they have said that I am not a Admin and when I asked Idrees he said I was and that you are only allowed 2 Admin's at a time. Is this True?
Bravo

If you are the person who set up the forum initially, it will work.  If not, then you don't have the right to do that anyway.
Tomi

Bravo wrote:
If you are the person who set up the forum initially, it will work.  If not, then you don't have the right to do that anyway.
I did. I made him Admin with me and he made me off Admin. How many people can be Admin at once?
Bravo

myff admin wrote:

Only one person can be the forum OWNER, ie the person who initially set up the forum.  

Forum admins aren't limited.  If you set someone as admin you take a risk of them going rogue, more admins = more chance of a rogue.

However as OWNER you can do as told you by admin in the quote to reset it and regain control of your forum.
myff admin

There is a lost password routine for the control panel which will go to the address the forum was set up with.

"General Talk"

has a space in it, your forum name is generaltalk.

Only Idrees is admin at the moment.
Tomi

Is there anything u can do to change it cause half the stuff u say I don't understand.
Bravo

Tomi wrote:
I don't understand.

1. Go here: http://myfunforum.org/index.php?o...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

2. In the box Forum Name: type 'generaltalk'

3. In the box Password: type whatever password you used on your forum when you first created it.
Tomi

Bravo wrote:
Tomi wrote:
I don't understand.

1. Go here: http://myfunforum.org/index.php?o...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

2. In the box Forum Name: type 'generaltalk'

3. In the box Password: type whatever password you used on your forum when you first created it.
Can u go on my forum http://generaltalk.myfunforum.org/index.php and scroll down to the bottom and where it says who is online it will say Tomi but it will not be in blue
myff admin

What has that got to do with anything?
Tomi

myff admin wrote:
What has that got to do with anything?
Because if it's in blue it means ur a Admin and I am not in blue. I did that thing but how is that gonna get me back in-charge
editor

If you had used the control panel to reset admin you would be admin.
What have you actually done in the control panel?
' That thing" is not a useful post!
Tomi

editor wrote:
If you had used the control panel to reset admin you would be admin.
What have you actually done in the control panel?
' That thing" is not a useful post!
Yes, I got onto the control panel but I can't understand it but what I really want is to get to the Admin Panel so I can properly do all of the stuff needed to improve my forum. On my forum it still says that I am not a Admin
Bravo

Your forum has 35 posts, 8 of which are in the 'pointless post' section.  Hardly worth all this fuss.

I'm sorry for seeming brusque but really if you cannot understand the simple instructions given to you here then I think you should consider that owning a forum might not be for you.  Perhaps you would get more enjoyment by joining an existing forum and leaving the administration side of it to others.

You say 'I can't understand it' as though that is in any way useful to anyone.
Tomi

Bravo wrote:
Your forum has 35 posts, 8 of which are in the 'pointless post' section.  Hardly worth all this fuss.

I'm sorry for seeming brusque but really if you cannot understand the simple instructions given to you here then I think you should consider that owning a forum might not be for you.  Perhaps you would get more enjoyment by joining an existing forum and leaving the administration side of it to others.

You say 'I can't understand it' as though that is in any way useful to anyone.
I can understand the Control Panel stuff it's just the bit I want you to tell me is how to access the Administrator Panel so I can make my forum better. There have not been many post because while this problem has been going on I have told people not to post very often unless needed. (On Match)
Tomi

Has anyone on here joined my forum called Qwerty
GentleD

Tomi,
I think what the gentlemen are trying to explain to you is that you have to go to the control panel first before you can get back into the admin panel since this other person has locked you out. Go to the control panel, which looks like this:

Go under the admin tab and put your user name in the Forum Admin Name, than hit "Save Forum Changes" at the top. If I am understanding correctly, this should reset it so you can take back control. The first thing I would suggest is to take away admin control from that other person. Don't give it to anyone you cannot trust completely, there is no real reason to.

MYFFAdmin and Bravo,
If I am giving incorrect info, please feel free to correct me. Just trying to help.

Kat
myff admin

roughly but may look different if an admin has been deleted.

In fact it will be more obvious!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum