Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
wayne17610

http://texashockeynews.myfastforum.org/index.php

This is illegal use of your system and fraudulent abuse.

This is my real ip address on a Verizon business account which is the same for the past 2 years.

http://texashockeynews.myfastforum.org/ftopic877-0-asc-0.php

† †Dear Sir

† †The above is a link to a thread on the Texas Hockey News (THN) forum which is supported by your company.
† †They are mentioning me personally by name in that forum and referring to my underage 17 year old son for comments I supposedly made on
† †another forum site. While mentioning me personally and alluding to my underage 17 year old without my permission does have legal
† †ramifications, I am also requesting you review the enclosed first attachment that the THN admin
† †constructed, and dispensed publicly, using your resources, in an effort to humiliate me.

† †First ip addresses are NOT to be used in the manner for which the THN admin has allocated. That is illegal by any
† †definition.

† †Second the ip address they have in the first attachment IS NOT MY ip ADDRESS. The second screen shot shows this

† †Third, the effort the THN admin has used to attack me is illegal by using your forum provided tools to look for ip address. And then
† †distributing it publicly.

† †Fourth according to your own words: ".... most IPs as seen by forums on the internet are not unique, they are used by tens of thousands of people, maybe including YOU!" ( link at http://forum.myfreeforum.org/ftopic5090.php )

† †In short the THN admin has used the tools provided by you, combined with his or hers SERIOUS lack of knowledge of ip address protocol, and forged a document in order to humiliate me amongst my friends. I seriously doubt this was the intention of your corporate officers when forming your company.

† †What I am asking for before I pursue legal action including monetary compensation is simple:

† †1 †Close and permanently erase ALL of the posts in the thread titled "Bubbles post in DHF"

† †2 Close any subsequent thread mentioning me that would start.

† †3 †The THN admin place a post in the "Bubbles post in DHF" thread stating exactly the following:

On behalf of the THN, I personally am apologizing to Mr Wickline and his son for any unnecessary humiliation the THN may have caused them both. The THN was wrong to assume the ip addresses included in a screenshot that was erroneously released publicly belonged to him. That ip address has never belonged to him. Accoriding to myfreeforum.org, which hosts THN, IP addresses, as seen by forums on the internet, are not unique, they are used by tens of thousands of people, maybe including YOU. The IP address the THN released publicly were attached to profiles that did not belong to Mr. Wickline.

† †When that appears I will be satisfied and will pursue this no further. If it doesn't appear exactly as above by November 10th, 2012 I will take the matter to my attorney and pursue a legal and financial remedy.

† †This is an easy one to fix. I'm an easy person to get along with. But I am incensed at the lack of self control by the THN admin in this matter. I appreciate your time and effort in correcting this and counseling them to not let it happen again.

† †Sincerely

† †Mr. Wayne Wickline
† †Cell 214 354 0704
† †Father of Cody Wickline.
myff admin

This complaint has been forwarded to the forum owner.

I find it quite hard to decipher your complaint as it is so verbose.

But it seems to me you are accusing the forum owner of forging a screenshot with malicious intent.

Should they deny this then our position is that that becomes a legal matter between you and the forum owners and should legal papers be sent to us we will insist on the forum owner disclosing full name and address details if they are not already known, so that the dispute can be settled between the concerned parties.
wayne17610

You understand some of what I am getting at. Also the
forum owner is using your resources to run their witch
hunt. Using your resources to make and distribute
publicly, supposedly private information that is not to
be shared. Those ip addresses aren't mine but the
screenshot are made using your services and it is
being distributed as part of a smear campaign. I am sure
you don't condone this behavior.

I'm not asking for anything difficult or time consuming from
any one.  Close the thread and issue an apology. And it's
over with. And I suspect some remedial training of the forum
owner on how to not misuse your ip and info and computer
resources.

This can be handled right here and now amongst level heads.
myff admin

The forum owner has been notified of the complaint, what is still lacking is a clearly stated complaint though.
wayne17610

myff admin wrote:
The forum owner has been notified of the complaint, what is still lacking is a clearly stated complaint though.

The complaint is the Texas Hockey News forum owner has and may be still using your supplied tools and resources to fish for non public information to generate negative posts in their forum against me. And mentioning my underage son. Both of us who are non public figures. This information has been electronically, via email, given to a few posters to that forum and is being mentioned by select posters on that forum as being correct and accurate. It is not. They have used your tools and resources to generate screenshots of information they are portraying as accurate of supposedly private info and have made that information public.

If the above is not clear enough don't hesitate to ask me again

Thanks

Wayne
Bravo

I'm not seeing what the actual complaint is about. †Which post or posts are the ones that fall foul of MFF terms and conditions?

This is what I gather from your complaint, please correct me if I am wrong.

The image in the highlighted thread says you are from St Louis and you insist you are not. Is that part of the complaint?
The other aspect is that your name is mentioned.

Is this the gist of it?

You don't need to speak in legalese, we'd like to get this problem sorted out and ensure no rules have been broken, we have no bias here. †All we need is a clear report of who broke the T&C, and some evidence of that. You may also find this post useful.
myff admin

Let's be clear on some things here.

Giving out someoneís physical address is not unfortunately illegal, albeit that would be something we would action regardless of the age of those involved, as clearly that can only be done with malicious intent.

Giving out a screenshot with an IP address is on the other hand trivia, and the fact you have a son seems simply a detail pertinent to whatever argument you have with these folks and not something they are mentioning maliciously.

What and whose tools were used with the IP address is not relevant to anything.
wayne17610

myff admin wrote:
This complaint has been forwarded to the forum owner.

I find it quite hard to decipher your complaint as it is so verbose.

But it seems to me you are accusing the forum owner of forging a screenshot with malicious intent.

Should they deny this then our position is that that becomes a legal matter between you and the forum owners and should legal papers be sent to us we will insist on the forum owner disclosing full name and address details if they are not already known, so that the dispute can be settled between the concerned parties.

OK  lets work with what you stated above. "accusing the forum owner of forging a screenshot with malicious intent." And maliciously sharing it with posters on their forum. That is my complaint. I think it violates your privacy policy.

Thanks for being patient with me.
myff admin

Currently we are awaiting a response from the forum, if they fail to respond they will be suspended as forum owners are obliged to respond to complaints.

The invasion of privacy stuff is not as far as I can see valid, publishing an IP address is a common and valid practice when dealing with malicious posters that may be using multiple ids.

What would be relevant is malicious falsehood, but on that score we are not able to act as judge/jury unless things are blatantly obvious. In which case I refer you to my first post.
Bravo

myff admin wrote:
Currently we are awaiting a response from the forum, if they fail to respond they will be suspended as forum owners are obliged to respond to complaints.

I'm a little uneasy about this.  If there is no basis for a complaint I feel the forum should remain untouched.  As we know, quite often in the past there have been complaints about forums that were found to have done no wrong at all.  If the forum owner was away for a while, their forum could be suspended when there has been no wrongdoing.  People could even quietly wait until they know a forum owner is going on holiday for example, and then put a malicious claim in.  It would be an extreme, but some people do take very personally minor disputes on forums and seek vengeance.

I'm not saying that is the case here, nothing has been established as yet in this particular case.
myff admin

I don't like it much myself, the alternatives are not great either though.

I don't like complaints going unrecognised by forums and I don't like taking it into that forums own space.
Bravo

That's true. †I think it is a consequence of website owners selling email addresses on at the drop of a hat, so a lot of people tend to register for things using incorrect (or 'spare') email addresses. †MFF don't pass on emails of course, but new registrants are not to know that MFF is run along very ethical grounds, and so I'd bet that quite often an email isn't even received.
wayne17610

myff admin wrote:

The invasion of privacy stuff is not as far as I can see valid, publishing an IP address is a common and valid practice when dealing with malicious posters that may be using multiple ids.

What would be relevant is malicious falsehood, but on that score we are not able to act as judge/jury unless things are blatantly obvious. In which case I refer you to my first post.

Do what you think is right.
wayne17610

Bravo wrote:
myff admin wrote:

I'm a little uneasy about this.  If there is no basis for a complaint I feel the forum should remain untouched.  As we know, quite often in the past there have been complaints about forums that were found to have done no wrong at all.  If the forum owner was away for a while, their forum could be suspended when there has been no wrongdoing.  People could even quietly wait until they know a forum owner is going on holiday for example, and then put a malicious claim in.  It would be an extreme, but some people do take very personally minor disputes on forums and seek vengeance.

I'm not saying that is the case here, nothing has been established as yet in this particular case.

I appreciate your comments. Do what you can. I take my privacy rights seriously. Hopefully the THN admin would just see fit to remove the thread and apologize. Again
the ip addresses, which have been maliciously used as the faulty basis for 3 pages on that forum humiliating me, are not mine. Ive simplified my complaint down to one sentence as you have asked. This is a simple request I ask in return. For the THN forum owner to remove the thread and issue an apology.

Thanks
wayne17610

The THN forum owner must have gotten your message because he or she has removed the offending thread from his or her forum. I appreciate that. It is obvious there is truth to what I am telling you. However there needs to be an apology. That forged and malicious screenshot created by the THF owner, with ip addresses that were not mine, has circulated for 4 months and the humiliation I endured was spread using the THN forum. If that apology is not there I will file a lawsuit. The apology needs to state:

On behalf of the THN, I personally am apologizing to Mr Wickline and his son for any unnecessary humiliation the THN may have caused them both. The THN was wrong to assume the ip addresses included in a screenshot that was erroneously released publicly belonged to him. That ip address has never belonged to him. According to myfreeforum.org, which hosts THN, IP addresses, as seen by forums on the internet, are not unique, they are used by tens of thousands of people, maybe including YOU. The IP address the THN released publicly were attached to profiles that did not belong to Mr. Wickline.

Once that is posted you will hear from me no longer.

Moderators, I thank you for your efforts to this point. Having the thread removed was a big step for me. Thank you again.
wayne17610

Please give me your mailing address so that I can send you the legal papers to begin proceedings.

Thank you

Wayne
wayne17610

I am puzzled by the lack of response. Again the damage to me personally has been done and only a retraction and apology will satisfy me. The offending thread has been deleted. That is good. It illustrates that the THF owner apparently agrees with me. Nevertheless there are hundreds of people who have read the thread who have falsely made up their minds about me. I take my reputation seriously and will not allow some rogue and nameless entity to attempt to ruin it without pursuing the appropriate legal remedies.

Again I am asking to whom, and to what address, my attorney would need to send the appropriate legal documents. This should not be a hard request for you to follow up on.

Thank you

Wayne
myff admin

I am locking this now, by any reasonable definition the matter is sorted.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum