Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
ruggers

How to filter forums in my "Frontpage" portal?

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

http://peaceonearth.myfreeforum.org

problem here: http://peaceonearth.myfreeforum.o...=6e316b514fe064a176808fc8508c0471

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

myff_peaceonearth4

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

frontpage, front page, portal

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

I'm trying to get the Frontpage Portal to display the five latest articles from 3 forums only.

However, in the Frontpage "Portal Settings" form, under "Filter," when I click the "Portal" radio button and then list the three forums in the "Portal Forums" box, no articles show up in the Frontpage table.  Articles will only show up if I click the "All" button.

I've tried several ways of identifiying the forums, such as Direct Action, "Direct Action," and Direct_Action, but I think I'm doing something wrong, as none of them have worked.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thank you  
myff admin

You need the forum number, from the forums link.
ruggers

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
You need the forum number, from the forums link.

EDIT:

Okay thanks!  I didn't know forums had numbers, but I found them.   I think I can take it from here.

p.s. do you offer a news fader portal for phpBB2?  I can't find one in the admin "portal settings" panel, and there's no "options" tab in my control panel, and no cms_fader.tpl file in my edit portal drop-down list.

THANKS!
ruggers

Scratch all of above, everything seems to be under control now, thanks for the tips!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum