Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Monsterbuck

How to change "New Post Icons" in topics

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template: The name of the template is  "Chronicles"

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

I was wondering how to change the icons at the beginning of the topics which show if there is a new post or not . I would like to change the image that indicates a new post or old post , I did mange to change the indicator box ones at the foot of the forum to the image I wanted but cannot find which template where I can adjust the ones on the main topics . If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it , Thanks
myff admin

1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.

Subject
Monsterbuck

What would the proper name for them icon be ? I have entered so many differant word trying to find what I am looking for and nothing but the same search results  over and over .
Monsterbuck

My forum link is http://biggameadventures.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I have used search words such as ,topic icons , how to changed topic icons , topic pictures , topic indicators , new post indicators , old post indicators, how to change post indicators , how to change topic post indicators, and many more . Is there a certain word I should use ?

If I have not made this clear enough , What I am trying ot change are the icons on the forum page that indicate if theur is a new post or not .
myff admin

The answer is to upload files with exactly the same names as the existing icon files. e.g.

folder_new.gif
folder_new_big.gif

etc.

Remember to clear browser cache to see the new images.
Monsterbuck

I have done that but I only see the new icon in the bottom box where I changed them but nothing changed in the side topic icon box . What could that be ?
Monsterbuck

Have deleted the old folder_big.gif icon and then tried ot upload one that I wanted and when using the same name it goes right back to the original . Does the template recongnize them certain gif files ?  Which template is it that I edit to change the icons ? Thanks
myff admin

In the default template users see.

If you right click on an icon you can see the image properties to get the exact name and where it is coming from.
Monsterbuck

Finally got it thanks so much for your help , Thumbs up to the admins again !!! Forum is now taking on a new look .

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum