Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

How long is long enough?

We replaced a RAID card three weeks ago.

The server in question had been relegated to forum hosting, non intense tasks as every few weeks/months it would die and need a reboot.

No forum posts were ever lost because of this during the time this server was hosting forums, and obviously we have backup regimes in place, but all the same once the pattern was established it was a big issue and a contributing factor to making the investment in new servers.

The question I'm asking myself now is that when we are talking about a fault that might only happen once every 4 months, how long do we give it before we decide the problem really has gone away?
myff admin

A little reminder bump for me here, we have hit the over two months mark on this

At the moment we still have nothing "critical" on the server, I am about to move another test machine to it, but somewhere along the line I need to get braver.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum