Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Catdancer

How do I advertise my forum on search engines?

Here is the link to my forum:
Moderated: 1
Edited for questionable content

It's a relationship/sexual advice forum.  We are doing pretty well so far, but I would like for us to be "searchable", so that some of our relationship, dating, family and sex topics will attract others who have questions or answers.  

Is there a way to put my forum on google, bing, and yahoo, etc?

thank you!  I have searched this site but cannot find an extact answer, so I'm hoping that my inquiry is not redundant.
Zudane

Well - you can pay for it.. those are expensive though.. But honestly places like Google don't list things because people want them listed.  Google uses a method that ranks pages higher based on how many pages link to it, and the reliability of those pages.

The best way to get yourself listed is to simply create a good forum and try to spread word via facebook, twitter and myspace.  Over time you may get more popular then your site will be listed higher.
Catdancer

hmmm...as you can tell I really am a newbie at this.  We dont want to pay to be listed.  I was looking into the Link Exchange here.  It seems to be a great way to generate visitors to a site.  Do you have any experience with this?
Zudane

Link exchange can be hard to get done well, a lot of people don't really visit the links on forums.  But as well, with the sexual nature of a good portion of your forum I don't think this support forum is a proper place to advertise.  Feel free to contact me though - I may be interested in a link exchange, I run two forums outside of MYFF.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum