Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
myff admin

House full of drunken teenagers...

Exam results day.

It is kind of scary as they hit 18   We have always been kind of the venue for the parties and things have kind of got past the jelly and ice cream stage for some time now, but tonight is another distinct shift. It's a B horror movie down there   the axe murderer is sure to show up any minute now  Wink
Zudane

*ominous music plays*

LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!
myff admin

I just put out some "punch" got approval for how strong it was (and then massively diluted it, when they weren't looking )
Zudane

Fun fact: True punch is actually made with alcohol, something along the lines of a long-island ice tea.  That is a true punch, not the kids stuff we have around now.
myff admin

In the UK punch is generally lethally alcoholic  
Zudane

Ship some over then!  
Bravo

Yes, UK punch is known to have enough alcohol to knock out herds of wildebeast.

Did the party go ok?  No piles of vomit to clear up then?
myff admin

The garden needs checking, there were problems but my daughter was very bossily ensuring the one or two twits were looked after. This really is the dodgy time where booze is concerned, but I'd rather they learned in a controlled environment than by binge drinking in the town centre!
Bravo

I've been lucky in that the eldest two aren't really interested much in drink.

When the eldest went out on her 18th, she came back in such a state, puking all night and had to sleep in the bathroom.  She's hardly touched a drop since and she's 22 now.  A few glasses of wine at Christmas is enough for them, so all is well there.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

I'm 19 and I don't drink much.

I have started going out every friday night with a few people from work though. (we're all bout 17-20 years old)

Dont have much to drink and the only one who gets drunk most of the time is the 17 year old lass that works with us. but we always make sure at least one of us stays sober enough to walk her to the top of town to get her lift home.

We never drink too much though and usually leave before all the trouble starts on the friday night (bout half 8 or half 9-ish usually.)
Nick(NR)

Bravo wrote:
I've been lucky in that the eldest two aren't really interested much in drink.

When the eldest went out on her 18th, she came back in such a state, puking all night and had to sleep in the bathroom.  She's hardly touched a drop since and she's 22 now.  A few glasses of wine at Christmas is enough for them, so all is well there.

Those days of me knocking 12 pints and around 10 smirnoff ices are well gone, last time I knoced that level of booze back was at the megabowl in bexlyheath 3pints and somewhere in the region of 18 vodka shots, still standing mind you, was a ub3r heavyweight at the time, prolly be lucky if 3 magners doesn't do it now.
Ziddy

Nick(NR) wrote:
3pints and somewhere in the region of 18 vodka shots, still standing mind you, was a ub3r heavyweight.

I believe the correct term you are looking for is alcoholic.
Nick(NR)

Ziddy wrote:
Nick(NR) wrote:
3pints and somewhere in the region of 18 vodka shots, still standing mind you, was a ub3r heavyweight.

I believe the correct term you are looking for is alcoholic.

I believe I'll be putting you on moderation as you only come here to make snide comments at me, do it once more I'll throw you head first to moderation, your immature digs at me when you decide to make an appearence are starting to grate, oh and for YOUR uneducated mind, the last time I actually had a "drink" was around two months back when I had a magners after getting in from work and it was the only one left in the fridge, so before you decide to label me a drunk for a few nights out 8 years ago, you may want to go make sure your have all your knowledge about MY PERSONAL life piled up to make sure your right.
myff admin

I concur, my finger hovered over the moderation button as well. Ziddy if you have nothing useful to add to this forum then don't post here. If your next post is not a useful contribution I will simply ban you.
Zudane

Alcoholics are addicts, not heavyweight drinkers.  I can drink quite a bit before I get drunk, yet I don't often drink.  So I'm a semi-heavyweight, but FAR from an alcoholic.
Bravo

If I have 3 pints of bitter these days I feel giddy, because I haven't drunk much more than shandy for years.

The most I ever had to drink was in London.  We'd finished work by 10am and started drinking at a pub called the Crown in Southwell, which is where we were lodging.  By around 6pm we'd all had a skinful and my two colleagues went for a lie down.  I went for a bath, got changed and back to the bar for about 730ish.

This particular night was the landlords wifes birthday and a lot of his friends came in.  I remember talking to an old cockney at around 930ish (think Uncle Albert and you're very close to what he was like).  By this time I'd had 19 pints of bitter.  I remember thinking that I must put on a good show for 'the north'.  Indeed, Uncle Albert did comment on 'bladdy ell, you norverners carn alf put em away!'

I walked straight as a die to the toilets.  As soon as I was in there I was falling about all over the place peeing everywhere.

After so long, the others came down to join me after their kips.  As it was the gaffers wifes birthday, we had a lock in.

I went on the Malibu's.  Drank em dry.
I went on Vodka, drank em dry.
By 230am I was on the Whisky (which I cannot stand), and that is what finally did me in, so I politely retired at 3am.  After having drunk my two colleagues under the table for the second time in a day.

What a night that was.
Zudane

Bravo wrote:
If I have 3 pints of bitter these days I feel giddy, because I haven't drunk much more than shandy for years.

The most I ever had to drink was in London.  We'd finished work by 10am and started drinking at a pub called the Crown in Southwell, which is where we were lodging.  By around 6pm we'd all had a skinful and my two colleagues went for a lie down.  I went for a bath, got changed and back to the bar for about 730ish.

This particular night was the landlords wifes birthday and a lot of his friends came in.  I remember talking to an old cockney at around 930ish (think Uncle Albert and you're very close to what he was like).  By this time I'd had 19 pints of bitter.  I remember thinking that I must put on a good show for 'the north'.  Indeed, Uncle Albert did comment on 'bladdy ell, you norverners carn alf put em away!'

I walked straight as a die to the toilets.  As soon as I was in there I was falling about all over the place peeing everywhere.

After so long, the others came down to join me after their kips.  As it was the gaffers wifes birthday, we had a lock in.

I went on the Malibu's.  Drank em dry.
I went on Vodka, drank em dry.
By 230am I was on the Whisky (which I cannot stand), and that is what finally did me in, so I politely retired at 3am.  After having drunk my two colleagues under the table for the second time in a day.

What a night that was.

And people say there's no difference between american english and british english.... Half of that I just don't understand... the other half I have to decipher.
Bravo

Zudane wrote:
And people say there's no difference between american english and british english.... Half of that I just don't understand... the other half I have to decipher.

ha ha yes, a little bit of translation for you:

Bitter = type of beer
Shandy = half beer, half lemonade
lodging = staying (as paying guests)
skinful = a lot to drink
landlord = bar owner
Uncle Albert = Character from a TV show called 'Only Fools and Horses' google uncle albert on images and you'll see an old bearded guy.
kip = nap
lock in = At that time, British pubs had to be shut by law by 11pm. A 'lock in' was where you could drink 'after hours' by the landlord taking a risk of being caught and possibly losing his liquor license.
Zudane

Ah!  Now I can understand it!  Thanks for that  
myff admin

You missed out gaffer, which loosely translates as "boss".
Zina2008

Re: House full of drunken teenagers...

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
It is kind of scary as they hit 18  

Hey, it's a lot scarier when they hit forty, and it's the grandkids who are hitting sixteen and seventeen . . .
Viper

Bravo wrote:

I'm not sure about anyone else but if I'm out drinking I don't keep count how many pints I've had. Especially is it's 19. Which, I'm sorry but I don't believe. If you drank all you say you did, it would probably equate to about 200 units in 1 day which is about 2 months worth of drinking and your liver would probably be the size of a pea.
Bravo

Well lol if you don't believe me that is your choice  

Frankly I don't have much to gain by lying about something so petty.  I distinctly remember telling Uncle Albert that I was on my 19th pint and in those days I could drink, and I do mean drink. 7 nights a week from 5ish until kicking out at a minimum, you get used to it.

I drank like that for about 4 years.  I worked in Spain for about 3 months and when there I can say that there wasn't very many moments when I wasn't under the influence of alcohol to some degree.  It was a constant topping up process.

It aint big and it aint clever, it is something very easily drawn into.  I was lucky in the respect that I didn't actually become alcoholic, nor (as far as I know) do any permanent damage to my body.
Zudane

after you take enough of anything, alcohol or drugs or pain, etc, you build up a tolerance, and it takes more for the same effect, and less just doesn't do anything.

My brother can down an 18 pack of beer (12oz cans) without being drunk.
myff admin

but that is what you Americans call beer
Zudane

I don't drink beer - not fond of the taste.  My dad does some home brews for meads and ciders... the strawberry kiwi he does is great.  Otherwise I drink cocktails or smirnoff ice.
myff admin

You should make him join downsizer.net then

My brewing season has just started badly I picked a pound of Elderberries today   Time was around here when I could find I was a few pounds short and pretty much pop out and be back 10 minutes later with enough. But half the places have been wiped out and we are not being overly lucky with what remains.

I don't brew beer often, it doesn't get drunk.
Zudane

Up here in the mountains blackberries are rampant.  Some places here you can spend 10 minutes and get 5lbs worth.  Once spent about an hour and a half picking some with my grandfather like 10 years ago... we ended up with 4 5 gallon pails full of them with other containers packed also.

And my dad doesn't do the forum thing really, but his brews are usually 12-20% alcohol, so quite a bit stronger than the typical ale.
Viper

Bravo wrote:
Well lol if you don't believe me that is your choice  

Frankly I don't have much to gain by lying about something so petty.  I distinctly remember telling Uncle Albert that I was on my 19th pint and in those days I could drink, and I do mean drink. 7 nights a week from 5ish until kicking out at a minimum, you get used to it.

I drank like that for about 4 years.  I worked in Spain for about 3 months and when there I can say that there wasn't very many moments when I wasn't under the influence of alcohol to some degree.  It was a constant topping up process.

It aint big and it aint clever, it is something very easily drawn into.  I was lucky in the respect that I didn't actually become alcoholic, nor (as far as I know) do any permanent damage to my body.

The NHS say that someone drinking 100 units a week is classed as alcohol dependent. And you drank double that amount in a day.

Can you blame me for not believing it?
Zudane

Amount per week assumes the average amount * 7, if you drink it all at once then it's a binge, so to speak, but if it's a single occasion then it's far from dependent.
Bravo

Viper wrote:
The NHS say that someone drinking 100 units a week is classed as alcohol dependent. And you drank double that amount in a day.

Can you blame me for not believing it?

Oh don't get me wrong I did enjoy it.  I wanted to be out and drinking, and indeed crave a pint.  However not to the point of being addicted.  As a former smoker I know all about true addiction, it took a lot for me to finally stop.  The drinking was easy to stop, I just must have had one hangover too many.

We used to get 4 pints each at last orders (for Zudane - 'last orders' was shouted at 11pm, you had to drink them and be out by 11:20pm) and hurl them down our necks on top of a good 8 pints or more previous to that.  Now it makes me sick just thinking about it.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum