Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Hotblack downtime Thursday 9am GMT

We are finally getting to the most difficult of our server moves, the "hotblack" server that runs the support forum and is the heaviest loaded server of them all, as well as it handling ancillary functions harking back to the day when we had three physical servers rather than over 150.

It's notable that in the last new server post I said another 50 servers were on order, actually it turns out that number is 68. At list price that is about   200,000GBP of servers that I had not been in the loop about, total order being of the order of a million GBP.
myff admin

this has been delayed till Monday morning
Gerry ukaf

Thanks, have passed on the info to our members, any idea of how long it'll take?
myff admin

2-3 hours is par for the course.
Gerry ukaf

Thanks a lot
myff admin

Postponed until tomorrow morning (Tuesday)
myff admin

That seemed to go pretty smoothly, and means all forums are now migrated and finally our nameservers are fully split out from the forums system, allowing hotblack itself to sit more securely on our internal network.

Hotblack itself therefore should be a bit faster as it is doing less work and is on a newer faster physical server
Gerry ukaf

Hi, not sure if this is related to the server change, but my forum (ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org) seems to have 'lost' a days worth of posts - no posts or new members showing for the 20th August
After double checking, latest post I can find on the 20th was 4.20 am, nothing entered during the afternoon or evening is showing. (I daresay I'll hear from some of the members on this - when they notice! )
myff admin

I'm very sorry about this, but a DNS error occurred leaving parallel sites alive So posts will have been lost in some forums  
Gerry ukaf

Thanks for the speedy reply, will pass on the bad news
Gerry ukaf

hi got the D N S Error coming up ,I've got lots of Emails from members saying they cannot get on forum thanks Gerry

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum