Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
HaxAras

Help

""Posting Check list
  1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers. ""

I want to know how to edit one of those into my topics section on my forums, sorry if this is in the wrong place but i did'nt know what to search. also i wan't help with the way my pages are set up.

Announcements:
Read These First:
to get my forums to look like that do i just make sub-forums, leave the top for announcements then move sticky topics to the next one up? then leave the bottom sub-forum for regular posts.
Bravo

You've actually quoted the posting checklist without actually following it
myff admin

quite an achievement to post the posting check list and then not follow it.

1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.
HaxAras

must be fun to be a forum admin and not know how to read check my signature CathedralForums.org
Bravo

HaxAras wrote:
must be fun to be a forum admin and not know how to read check my signature CathedralForums.org

Smart alec comments wont get you far.  Some people have several forums, and their query is not always for the forum in their signature.  This is why we say:

Quote:
Do this whether you think it is important or not.

I am placing you on moderation, because the sheer number of questions from you in such a short space of time is a clear indication that you aren't bothering to look for the solution before posting (as per the checklist), instead posting a question and waiting for someone else to do the search for you.
editor

The posting check list explicitly says we do not want your own domain link.
HaxAras

for a help forum you guys are terrible at helping, instead of wasting time asking for my forum just tell me what i need to know.i dont know what to search i was just looking at the topics and posted the problems ive been having over time

CATHEDRALFORUMS.ORG
CATHEDRALFORUMS.MYFREEFORUM.ORG

i don't care about your guys posting checklist i just want to know how to add somethign liek it to my own topics.

it would take 2 minnutes to describe how to do that instead of talking about how i didnt follow it.

and my other question too are the forum sections
Announcements:
Sticky:
Nick(NR)

I can't see how we're terrible at helping, when you refuse to follow a simple request, if you had read any other support request you'd see that we ask for the myff link to your forum with the issue, preferably a direct link to an area on the forum where we can actively see the issue if it is a visible one, so far you've made no effort in being clear in what your asking and you choose to get arsey!

We care about the posting check-list because with a direct link where possible, we can see and quicker diagnose a multitude of visual/code issues that way, so you should care because their not difficult to follow and makes things easier to help people.

Oh and if as you say it would take two minutes to describe how to do that you've already given yourself the answer in your first post btw, you edit the first post of a topic, and there will be some radio buttons (little circles to click) under the text area holding the post text.

But I'm just guessing that's what your after from your partially unreadable post.
HaxAras

i don't understand what you mean, i know about the bubbles below the text but i don't see how that helps. What i'm trying to do it Have Each topic in sections. For Example.

Site Discussion.
Fisrt Section, Announcements
Second Section, Sticky Topic's
Third Section, Site Discussion posts.

This Forums Has it and i like the way it looks more organized.
I tried making sub forums but that did'nt work the way i wanted it to.

And The Posting checklist, the admins are too busy talking about how i pasted it and forgot my link instead of just telling me how to make one and pointing out the mistake.
is it possible to have differnt checklists for each section because i want differnt sections of my forum to have differnt rules.

CathedralForums.org
CathedralForums.myfreeforum.org
myff admin

We do try and help round here, but we have to have a clue what people are on about.

I don't understand your post much at all.

Quote:

don't understand what you mean, i know about the bubbles below the text but i don't see how that helps. What i'm trying to do it Have Each topic in sections. For Example.

Site Discussion.

bubbles? what bubbles, text what text....

the last bit I kind of get that you want to split the way a forum displays the topics into topic types as we do here.
That will require quite complex template editing and is not for beginners.
HaxAras

myff admin wrote:
We do try and help round here, but we have to have a clue what people are on about.

I don't understand your post much at all.

Quote:

don't understand what you mean, i know about the bubbles below the text but i don't see how that helps. What i'm trying to do it Have Each topic in sections. For Example.

Site Discussion.

bubbles? what bubbles, text what text....

the last bit I kind of get that you want to split the way a forum displays the topics into topic types as we do here.
That will require quite complex template editing and is not for beginners.

Thank you very much, one of the admins on my forums can edit the template but i don't know how skilled he is. I'll just have to figure out a differnt way to implement those idea's.
Nick(NR)

Now if you'd have been more descriptive like that from the off, it would've been much clearer that you want to separate the global announcements, announcements and sticky's from the standard topics.

There has been no guide posted on howtodoit, simply because this is a high level template modification and many of the templates created by their authors structure the layouts differently making it hard for a guide to be helpful to beginners, but, I do remember someone taking the time to post walkthroughs of their attempts on their own forum as it's something they wanted to achieve, so have a read first before you attempt anything and like bravo mentioned in another thread, use the backup template and the editor account to test it out if you do indeed attempt this.

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/sutra140743.php#140743

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum