Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
DiMH

Help please

First, apologies for what is going to seem a stupid question, but I really don't know where to go next.

We have developed the forum, got the topics, stickies needed, rules etc and think it is looking quite good. We now want to get us on some search engines so that people will be able to access it, and this is where we are stuck, because we don't know how to do it.

I know you can register your forum, free of charge on msn, yahoo and google, but we don't know if we have to have our own web address.

At the moment our web address is (example) - myforum.myfastforum.org.

Do we have to get our own .com, .org., .co.uk address first, and if so how??
How do we get our website on Google, Yahoo etc??
What else do we need to do to enable people to access the forum??

I would be really grateful for any advive or help, and would ask that info be given in idiots language so that I understand it!

Thanks a lot.
myff admin

You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.
DiMH

Sorry about that, the link to the forum is:-

http://crazyaboutfish.myfastforum.org

Would really appreciate any help you can give, Thanks
myff admin

Have your read through the theads in this forum?, there are 4 pages of topics with advice on search engines.
DiMH

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Have your read through the theads in this forum?, there are 4 pages of topics with advice on search engines.

Hiya, sorry for the delay in replying.

I have read a lot of the threads, and while there is a host of info on them, I am still unsure what to do.

For example, if I buy a new domain name for the site (ie make it crazyaboutfish.org), how do I transfer the current name to that.

At the mo the site is accessable via the link crazyaboutfish.myfastforum.org, and if I change it how does one become the other?? I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I would appreciate a clear answer if poss, thanks
myff admin

Do a search on "own domain" on here.
DiMH

I'm sorry admin, but I think I'm wasting your time. There is no point telling me to read things that I have already read, but do not understand.

Reading posts about 'pings' etc may as well be in a different language to me, and I am getting no closer to finding the answers I need, or understanding the posts you direct me too.

I will have to try and find some sort of other information source, which can take me through it step by step, but thanks anyway.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum