Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
james73

Help! phpBB2 - phpBB3 login error

http://urbanglasgow.wonko.myfastforum.org

http://urbanglasgow.wonko3.myfastforum.org

With the current uncertainty wrt the future of our forums, I logged into the forum control panel and had a look at the section where I could look at a phpBB3 version of our phpBB2 forum with a view to upgrading it to phpBB3.

It wont let me log in. It keeps saying "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts."

Please help.  
myff admin

We are not recommending phpbb3 upgrades as a way forward.
james73

myff admin wrote:
We are not recommending phpbb3 upgrades as a way forward.

I wasn't asking it as "a way forward".

We've been on here for 10 years and have (gladly) paid for our forum to be free of ads many times over.

Just looking for advice.
myff admin

The general advice is to see if we can either:

Get the funding to make things viable on upgraded systems?
To see if alternate host can be found that will import existing forums?
Get a reputable buyer to deal wholesale with things?

Shifts to phpbb3 at this time are not a good idea.
james73

myff admin wrote:
The general advice is to see if we can either:

Get the funding to make things viable on upgraded systems?
To see if alternate host can be found that will import existing forums?
Get a reputable buyer to deal wholesale with things?

Shifts to phpbb3 at this time are not a good idea.

None of ^that answers my original post -  which was:

"With the current uncertainty wrt the future of our forums, I logged into the forum control panel and had a look at the section where I could look at a phpBB3 version of our phpBB2 forum with a view to upgrading it to phpBB3.

It wont let me log in. It keeps saying "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts."

In other words, I can't log in to the phpBB3 version of our existing forum....
myff admin

Then don't shift to phpbb3 right now, there does seem to be problems with upgrades.
james73

myff admin wrote:
Then don't shift to phpbb3 right now, there does seem to be problems with upgrades.

I'm NOT shifting to phpbb3 RIGHT NOW.

As I posted in my first post: according to my forum control panel, a phpbb3 version of my forum already exists.

I cant access it. THAT'S the problem.
james73

Ok. I sorted this by simply re-creating the phpBB3 version. Works ok.

There doesn't seem to be much support on here for phpBB3 queries. e.g is it possible to export our current smiley pack (a from the available phpBB2 versions) into the phpBB3 version of our forum?
myff admin

Glad it is now working, Minor issues like smilies are not on the radar at the moment as major changes are on the way.
james73

myff admin wrote:
Glad it is now working, Minor issues like smilies are not on the radar at the moment as major changes are on the way.

Nice one.  

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum