Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
dreamon

help! i'm hacked

hi,
someone stole my admin and editor account info and changed it today
and he changed the status of users (taken away moderator status)

i'm sending you the forum link:
http://worldofmarvel.myfreeforum.org

me and my friends were moderators till someone hacked the accounts..

please can you tell me how can i get it back?
or can you send me the actual password ?

i know it can be done by entering e-mail address but i'm not sure if my e-mail has been hacked or not
myff admin

You have not been "hacked" you must have given away admin accounts or passwords.

You may be able to reassert control via the control panel:

http://myfreeforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27
dreamon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
You have not been "hacked" you must have given away admin accounts or passwords.

You may be able to reassert control via the control panel:

http://myfreeforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

i tried to login but it says "invalid password"
myff admin

Have you tried password reminder there?
dreamon

Have you tried password reminder there?

i tried it but it doesn't work
if only i could redirect it to my secondary e-mail adress...
because he changed the account of my e-mail address that i used to create an account for myfreeforum
myff admin

Are you saying you simply gave away your control panel password?

We run two systems the admin panel and the control panel to give forum owners the ability to protect their forums even if they give others admin access.
dreamon

Are you saying you simply gave away your control panel password?

We run two systems the admin panel and the control panel to give forum owners the ability to protect their forums even if they give others admin access.

i didn't gave my account info to anyone... someone changed them hacked admin and editor accounts
myff admin

No one has "hacked" our forums ever. The only way into the control panel is with the right password.
dreamon

No one has "hacked" our forums ever. The only way into the control panel is with the right password.

if only i can get it back i'll do the right thing...
i don't know how he recieved / changed the password account... so that's why i asked you

can you change the "current" password that he changed ?
myff admin

I have no way of knowing you are not the person trying to take over the forum against the wishes of the real owner.
dreamon

I have no way of knowing you are not the person trying to take over the forum against the wishes of the real owner.

i know you're right and i have to prove it:
i'm the admin and moderator named Marvelous on that forum...
i can send you my e-mail info so you can check the private message e-mail that came to me... i can send it because my moderator account e-mail is invinsible (i don't share it on my profile)

i can send you the "actual passwords" which i used to moderate the forum before they changed.. ...

or you can check the IPs of me and the date that i created the forum.. you'll see they are same...

i created my moderator account titled "marvelous" on 22th February of 2006

all of those bad things happened today.... i wish i have prove other things but it's my own little forum i've made 263 posts...

i'm telling the truth...

(sorry for my bad english)
myff admin

dreamon wrote:

i can send you my e-mail info so you can check the private message e-mail that came to me... i can send it because my moderator account e-mail is invinsible (i don't share it on my profile)

i can send you the "actual passwords" which i used to moderate the forum before they changed.. ...

or you can check the IPs of me and the date that i created the forum.. you'll see they are same...

all of those bad things happened today.... i wish i have prove other things but it's my own little forum i've made 263 posts...

i'm telling the truth...

email me that data to admin at myfreeforum.org but first I want an explanation from you on how it happened?

This does not just happen, it needs someone with the intent to do it, some one with the password, or you using a really weak password, someone with access to your PC? There is always a perfectly sensible explanation and unless you have one it may simply happen again.
dreamon

dreamon wrote:

i'm telling the truth...

email me that data to admin at myfreeforum.org but first I want an explanation from you on how it happened?

This does not just happen, it needs someone with the intent to do it, some one with the password, or you using a really weak password, someone with access to your PC? There is always a perfectly sensible explanation and unless you have one it may simply happen again.

ok, i'll send you a mail

everything was fine on my forum since someone changed my admin & editor accounts and took away the moderating rights (and now there's no moderator on the forum)

i made this forum turkish and a user named "asmodeus" sent me the private message as i said above.. i'll sent you turkish-english translation of that message.. i have deleted his topics because of they were against the rules so i think now he wants to take revenge..

i don't use a shared computer for the forum... i'm single at home...

i'm looking forward for your reply
myff admin

Seems to be the day for it, after a lot of effort put in, I have looked through this forum and it is full of illegal downloads

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum