Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
stevelovesfun

Help editing my forum please!

Arsenalfc.myfunforum.org

Sorry guys, i am slow with computers, but i get there in the end.
I hope the above link is sufficient to obtain some direction at least....  
My forum when it appears on screen has the main body of the forum in the center of screen, either side of the main forum is filled in with red border.
I would like to remove this solid color and place in pictures instead.
I have no idea how to start, or if this is in fact possible.
I did manage to change the header myself, but i have forgotten how i did that......its my age.......
A big thank you for reading this.

Steve
Nick(NR)

There are a couple of ways, but they can be quite detailed and looking at the template, could potentially break it, but the easiest ways it to set a background image to replace the red.

When you look in your overall_header.tpl you should see the style tag <style type="text/css"> and

find.....

body {
background-color: {T_BODY_BGCOLOR);
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

replace.....

background-color: {T_BODY_BGCOLOR);

with.....

background: #B10000 url(http://link to image here);

now if your making it, I'm gonna assume you'll go with two images with one either side of the forum, if you are, the template your using has a width of 755pixels, so when you make your background remember to have the width between the two pics and you'll be fine, if the screen cuts the outside edges of the background, you can either resize them and re-test them or leave them as larger screens will see them fine, is your preference on that one.
stevelovesfun

Hey thanks for the help Nick, its most appreciated, i will have a look tonight when i get home to try out the advice given.

I will let you know how i get on,

Many thanks once again,

Steve
stevelovesfun

Hi again Nick,
Told you i am a complete idiot when it comes to computers....
I tried but all i seemed to be able to do was change nothing except make the writing on the forum go smaller...
Maybe i should give it up as a bad job....
Cheers again
Steve

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum