Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Splash

Hacked my forum :(

http://winzylounge.myfreeforum.org/

Someone hacked my forum, I dunno how because I havent told anyone my password and im the only admin.

It Says I Been Hacked By Hackor?

Ive got the images etc and the .css file (which i posted on another thread on here) so its not all bad.

It only had 100 Posts.

Im just so annoyed but at least it gives me the chance to make it better i supose with a better password
Eddie

Can Admin track IP?
symon

What you are saying is someone guessed your password.

Either pay for a restore or start again.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...component=content&topicid=518
Splash

Ill Just Create It Again, Just My Password Wasnt Anything Obvious Either.

Nevermind
myff admin

Never say "nevermind", no one has ever actually hacked a myff forum, and if they could they would not pick on yours!

So what did happen? You must have some idea where you lapsed? I know your control panel password is not good, but neither is it that bad as to be likely to be guessed.
Splash

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Never say "nevermind", no one has ever actually hacked a myff forum, and if they could they would not pick on yours!

So what did happen? You must have some idea where you lapsed? I know your control panel password is not good, but neither is it that bad as to be likely to be guessed.

Ive Changed My Password On There As Soon As It Got Hacked. I Dont Know Why They Would Hack My Forum, But No One Knows My Password On There, And Im The Only One That Uses This PC
myff admin

How lame was your password?
Splash

It Was A Word, But Only A Word Which I Made Up, Its Not Anything Lame Like Password, House, Computer, Its not anything people would of suddenly thought of and put into the password field.

Anyway Im Gonna Get Started Again On The Layout
myff admin

You really need to get to the answer here and not blithely carry on.

You cannot have:

1) decent password.
2) no other admins.
3) no one else accessing your PC.
4) password not given out to someone.

and still have a forum accessed by someone who should not have access.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

only way I can think of is if you logged into a public computer such as in a library or something and ticked the sign in automatically box and then forgot to log out.
myff admin

Very unlikely.

I suspect most people actually know where they went wrong, but they fail to admit it.
McMan

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Very unlikely.

I suspect most people actually know where they went wrong, but they fail to admit it.

Thats true, they are shy to admit their mistakes, its very common.

Come on people, just admit it, we promise we won't be very negative.
symon

By admitting where you went wrong helps others from making the same mistakes, this is why the support forum continues to grow as even Admin and the mods make mistakes, we do not hide them but say them in open for others to learn form.
myff admin

As Symon says, we all make mistakes, sharing the error helps others avoid the pitfalls.

I am just trying to figure out myself how best to correct a misjudgment I made in the configuration of the free forums system when it started!
Splash

My Password Was Fine, And So Was Everything Else On That List Above.

If They Did Fine My Password Then I Find It Very hard To Know How.

But To Be Honest I Think You Just Say My Password Was Too Weak, But It Wasnt
myff admin

But something did happen!

So either our security lapsed, or yours did. If it was ours then I cannot believe that a hacker would have attacked just your forum, we would be suffering massively and the chances are so would all other phpbb2 based forums!

As such if I was you I'd be really concerned about what could have happened. Is perhaps the password stored in an email account that someone has access to? was an editor account set up with admin access? are you sure no one else (kid brothers etc) could have been at your PC?
Splash

Yeah Same, Well some people have there suspisions This line of Text Removed
But something did happen!

Editor didnt have admin acess, and no one uses my pc

Edited by Symon.

Removed a certain line you have no proof of that person mentioned so it is hearsay, and we do not want another spat between you two here.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum