Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Yatta

Google

My forum has made it to google now.
David

Congrats! How long was it after you submitted it that they put it on?
forumofthesaxes.myfreeforum.org
Viper

Mine made it too a few days ago
Yatta

I didn't submit anything.
myff admin

You don't really need to bother with search engine submissions.

The free worthwhile search engines will crawl your site if it has links to it.

The paid ones, do cost quite a bit.

Just about all the others are used by such a minority of people, they are not really worth much effort.

At least that is my opinion.
Mn'M

do they let you submit??? if so, pleaze tell all
Billgar

Ive been on google for a while. just get up some links, and youll be there. Im on msn as well, whick will be helpful, as many use internet explore, and if they mispell a url, i may show up. But not, I did not submit to either, they found me due to links and activity and whatnot.
myff admin

Submission is well over rated. There are just a few major directories that act as launch points for search engines spiders that do require manual submission and are of real benefit. But these are hard to get into. Certainly a fresh forum is not going to get listed.
myff admin

Some tracking of google today shows some forums achieving page rank 3's, which is getting there. Also oddly though i'm showing some reductions in the number of backlinks to a lot of sites This is so unlikely and so prevelant that I'm wondering if google is reporting things wrongly at the moment.
Viper

Weird. Which forums are at the top at the moment.
myff admin

Viper wrote:
Weird. Which forums are at the top at the moment.

I can't answer that. We do not monitor all forums on google.
chris4

Just put mine up too.
myff admin

A search on google for myfreeforum reveals 67000 odd results!
Viper

How many forums are hosted on here admin?
myff admin

Viper wrote:
How many forums are hosted on here admin?

We have 7,500 on the system, but the true figure is much much less.
Viper

Not Bad. My forum is on page 13 on a google search for 'myfreeforum'. How much advertisement havce you done for myfreeforum.org. Is it the main aspect you've put into it?
myff admin

Viper wrote:
Not Bad. My forum is on page 13 on a google search for 'myfreeforum'. How much advertisement havce you done for myfreeforum.org. Is it the main aspect you've put into it?

We use google adwords to advertise. Which brings in a steady flow of new forums.
We could use other methods and grow faster, but for reasons akin to our attitude to forum hacks, we'd rather see a rate of growth that allows us to maintain all aspects of the service level, and not degenerate into crisis management.
Delta_Man_Sam

how much does it cost to get site on google?
myff admin

Delta_Man_Sam wrote:
how much does it cost to get site on google?

its free, and happens automatically.
sgts

You can pay to submit your site but various tests have been carried out and the upshot is that it isn't worth it! It is no quicker and has no benefits other than making the CEO of Google's next holiday a little bit sooner You can advertise on Google and that does work... just make sure you have the money to afford it!
Gosu71

i just did a search for 'warcraft TFT clans' (there are thousands of em) and my site is mentioned twice in the top 3 and the main forum is something like 6 in the list!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs...t+clans&btnG=Search&meta=

mind you, ive been advertising my site like wildfire all over the net
symon

I dont show up anyway no body loves me
myff admin

St0rm[TitE] wrote:
i just did a search for 'warcraft TFT clans' (there are thousands of em) and my site is mentioned twice in the top 3 and the main forum is something like 6 in the list!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs...t+clans&btnG=Search&meta=

mind you, ive been advertising my site like wildfire all over the net

That is very good going. Care to expand on your methods?

I'm looking forward to Saturday when the coop ad network hack will go in, for those who select it. this will help a lot with google.

You will need to sign up here:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=14046
Yatta

admin wrote:

You will need to sign up here:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=14046

What will be the advantages?
Yatta

???? :o
myff admin

There's a nice Search button on the site!
Yatta

admin wrote:
There's a nice Search button on the site!

Joined!
David

I have made an account now what do I do?
sgts

Go to www.myfreeforum.org and log into your account. You will see the features in the user control panel
FanTalkBack2TalkHosts

Off topic, how do you get a "Quick Reply" box??
myff admin

See the post above yours!
MarkD

Well I have just noticed that holidaychat is the top link on a google search, so we get the I feel lucky result as well. Not really sure how this has happened as we have done no advertising whatsover. Those googlebots that are always on our site must have been extra busy, we have only been going for 4 weeks.

Not a great deal of good for anyone who doesn't know we care called holidaychat, but means people at our old home who knew the new site name will now be able to find us.
SweetSour

I searched google for my forum on Friday and it wasn't in the first 6 pages (at which point I gave up).

I searched again today for 'my chemical romance uk forum' and it's second on the list!! Wooohoooo!! I guess admin's SEO changes have been doing the trick. Also, my forum's only been running for just over a month, so I suppose it takes google time to update. Anyhow, it's quite exciting.
myff admin

Good news

It is always hard to lay claim that a change to the site has worked the magic. The search engine optimisation world is full of people say things like "I added an exclamation mark to my site and the next day google dropped/raised my listing" therefore you must all assume that google has a thing about exclamation marks The fact is your google rating is effected an awful lot by what other sites are doing, and so you can rarely be sure of cause and effect

However we are trying to do our best

My recommendation of the day would be to sticky some topics with keyword rich titles. The archive system places the title in the url and this is a potent factor with search engines.
SweetSour

Ah, useful tip about keywords in titles - thanks for that. I'll see what I can enhance.

A few weeks ago, I posted a topic containing several paragraphs that sneakily include every keyword I could think of - I then locked it and made it a sticky. It reads as a normal informative post (hopefully!) so it's kind of subtle.
myff admin

SweetSour wrote:
Ah, useful tip about keywords in titles - thanks for that. I'll see what I can enhance.

A few weeks ago, I posted a topic containing several paragraphs that sneakily include every keyword I could think of - I then locked it and made it a sticky. It reads as a normal informative post (hopefully!) so it's kind of subtle.

If you want SEO that is optimise for search engines then keyword packing will optimize your chances. Try to keep the post readable whilst using key words as often as possible using spelling variations of key words so the search engine spider will see densely packed key words. e.g. this text is aimed at the search engines catching people looking for information on SEO using key words.
percy896

Mine is on the 1st page of google for 'myfreeforum' .
Viper

percy896 wrote:

It's on the second page for me
percy896

Viper wrote:
percy896 wrote:

It's on the second page for me

Do you mean mine? It's 9th and Google shows 10 sites per page.
SweetSour

If you go to Google and search for "my chemical romance forum", we've moved up to page 2, after being stuck on page 6 for ages! There are a LOT of forums about My Chemical Romance out there, so I'm really pleased.

If you go to Google and search for "my chemical romance UK forum", we're the top result and we've had that for a few months now.

We've put effort into getting other sites to link back to us as "affiliates". I don't think that's directly brought us any new members yet, but I suspect it's helped with our search-engine ranking.

I think having keywords in thread titles and the first post of a thread has also helped a lot. A few of our newer members have found us by searching Google for something very specific, and getting one of our threads back as a result.
myff admin

As even when I hear a success story, I hear about considered hard working behind it.
clubbingabroad.co.uk

if you go to google and search for "clubbingabroad" were first
if you search for "clubbing abroad" were 2nd

however i would like higher results on searches for terms such as "ayia napa" or "ayia napa forum"

any advice?
myff admin

Post those terms as the "anchor text" when posting about your forum elsewhere. Even in your post here you should have made the text you want found, a link to yuor forum.
clubbingabroad.co.uk

by anchor text do you mean the text i start the post with? and do you mean everytime you post leave a link to the forum?
myff admin

anchor text is the link text
Soul

I dont want to pay but I want mine on a search engine ASAP! Is GOOGLE free? DO you get money from them? BEcuase I dont want money, I just want my forum broadcasted! I also dont wanna pay!
myff admin

Soul wrote:
I dont want to pay but I want mine on a search engine ASAP! Is GOOGLE free? DO you get money from them? BEcuase I dont want money, I just want my forum broadcasted! I also dont wanna pay!

You can submit to google at no charge. But for effective listings you need to read all the tips and do all the work. No short cuts allowed!
sean

where can i post my site to google, i dont see a link anwya saying soemthing like, submit site anywhere?
also my site is irishangling.myfreeforum.org but i use www.irishanglingforum.has.it will this mess things up for me when it comes to search engines?
myff admin

sean wrote:
where can i post my site to google, i dont see a link anwya saying soemthing like, submit site anywhere?
also my site is irishangling.myfreeforum.org but i use www.irishanglingforum.has.it will this mess things up for me when it comes to search engines?

Using forwarding as you do will not help you. In fact it may effect you badly. If you can set name servers for your domain, you can for a token donation point your domain at our nameservers and we ill make your forum actually appear properly on your domain. This topic is covered extensively on this forum and the howtodoit forum.
you don't really need to submit to google, google finds you.
sean

what is name servers?
thanks
sean
myff admin

sean wrote:
what is name servers?
thanks
sean

Have a look at your domain control panel, and you should see a range of options including name servers.
sean

sorry i dunno where my domain control panel is. is it when i login on the myfreeforum.org site? as i cant see anything about name servers, sorry
myff admin

sean wrote:
sorry i dunno where my domain control panel is. is it when i login on the myfreeforum.org site? as i cant see anything about name servers, sorry

Nothing to do with us! We are talking about a control panel at the place you bought the domain. They all have them.
lawz

Meta Tags Help You Get Crawled On By The Search Engines Don't They
myff admin

In a word yes.
sean

ok i see admin, its a free domain, i cant even remmeber where i got it from was so logn ago lol
myff admin

I would therefore advise not using it, or buying one. Otherwise you are just asking for hassle down the line.
lawz

if it's .TK ... thts a definate NO - NO .K Are Full Of Spyware, Pop-Ups etc If You Do Want A Better Free Domain www.freedomain.co.nr is really good but for as little as 2.95 you can get a .co.uk domain
myff admin

lawz wrote:
if it's .TK ... thts a definate NO - NO .K Are Full Of Spyware, Pop-Ups etc If You Do Want A Better Free Domain www.freedomain.co.nr is really good but for as little as 2.95 you can get a .co.uk domain

Exactly!, they are very very cheap, though we would actually advice checking with us before going quite that cheap, as some very cheap ones don't have the needed facilities.
sean

is there any spyware on my site? i have a built in blocker, turned it of and checked, but seems ok to me. yous get any problems?
myff admin

I have not seen an issue with your free domain, but that does not mean one cannot happen, as you have no control over it.
symon

sean wrote:
is there any spyware on my site? i have a built in blocker, turned it of and checked, but seems ok to me. yous get any problems?

No sirens came up for me when i went on to it, and i use norton,avg, spysweeper,ewido anti-malware and no adware
sean

thanks guys
conuur

ayayay

hmmm my forum doesn't show up on google even if you type in the complete URL... Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?? The website is: http://domain.myfastforum.org
myff admin

8 articles and 3 members, and I bet no one in the world with a link to you yet. Work on that and google will show you, it does take time though.
conuur

thanks

Hi, thanks! What would be a good way to get people to come to my site? Do you know any good forums i could post a link on?
Thanks
Conuur
myff admin

There are loads of threads here on this subject. But think of "you working hard" as the first and foremost tip!
big_mike

So am I right in think a keyword is a word in bold text (and a good thing) and anchor text is a hyper link back to my forum eg HPR? Are there other words I need to look out for to help things?
myff admin

A keyword is simply a word you want searches to find.

anchor text is the text you can click on to take you elsewhere.
big_mike

Ahhh... I see, so if my forum has lots of discussions that are relevant to the forum then we automatically have lots of the keywords people may search for? I don't need to "do" anything as such with keywords, they are just the normal text of the forum?
myff admin

big_mike wrote:
Ahhh... I see, so if my forum has lots of discussions that are relevant to the forum then we automatically have lots of the keywords people may search for? I don't need to "do" anything as such with keywords, they are just the normal text of the forum?

keywords may get diluted in forum gossip, so a few heavily loaded and locked stickies is a good idea.
conuur

i am not using the domain.myfastforum anymore... Ive got a different one which is: http://swaps.myfreeforum.org. Its doing a lot better than the other! :P How do you know what keyword google uses for your site? ANd also is there some way i can delete my http://doamin.myfastforum.org forum?

Thanks

Conuur
myff admin

google does not use A keyword for your site. All you can do is see if you can find yourself on google using search terms.

requests for forum deletion must be made my email/pm giving the forum setup password. emails to myfreeforum@myfreeforum.org.
dankeates

Finally, after 3 weeks advertising.

www.theclubforum.co.nr finally got onto google
sgts

3 weeks? That is fast!!! It took me months to get to number one with my website!
dankeates

Yeh, its on google.

But its not exactly number one

Or even number 1000

Or even ... well you get the idea.
Its not exactly high up :P
symon

dankeates wrote:
Yeh, its on google.

But its not exactly number one

Or even number 1000

Or even ... well you get the idea.
Its not exactly high up :P

Time dear boy Time

After all god was meant to have made the world and all in only 6 days ,, and look what mess it is in now,,even the wise one makes mistakes when he rushes Wink
dankeates

I know..

Oh wait you not referring me to the wise one :P

I understand it takes time, but I just can't wait :P

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum