Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
CodyT07

Google Advert Bot Problem

This thread used to be called "does anyone know this" but I answered it.

Okay heres the problem. On my forum (hosted somewhere else) A google advert bot of Internet Protocol 66.249.66.109 has basically latched onto my site for no reason. I see it on everyday, heres the problem. I never signed up for Google Adverts on my site! What should I do leave it be or contact Google?
And their are usually 1 to 5 on, trying to do all sorts of weird things such as post messages. I'm curious as how it found the site
Evelo

it takes awhile to get it on google. If you post your site on other sites,it will get there. Take my forum for instance
type
flpaintball.myfreeforum.org
into google.com
a lot of stuff comes up,but not 1 is the actual flpaintball.myfreeforum.org its all from other sites I have my forum on!
CodyT07

anyone know?
myff admin

Probably some confusion as to whether we are talking ad bots or search bots, if you don't have ads, then it is search bots which is surely nothing to complain about!

bots can only see the links guests can on a normal forum, can guests get to posting links on yours?
CodyT07

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Probably some confusion as to whether we are talking ad bots or search bots, if you don't have ads, then it is search bots which is surely nothing to complain about!

bots can only see the links guests can on a normal forum, can guests get to posting links on yours?

Isn't the IP of a Advert Bot? The bot is on my forum like an Advert Bot on here. The Ip matches and advert bot that was on SGTS forum, (see lets play spot thread). So thats what has me confused.
myff admin

It has always been a tricky one, the information i have on the ips says advert bots, but who knows whether this is always true for sure? it does seem like the truth is more complex.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum