Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
haytradyl39

Getting more members?

http://haytradyl.myfreeforum.org/

I've had the site open for over a year now, and I still haven't gotten any new members. I currently have 16, but they are mostly people I know in real life that I asked. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get more people to visit and sign up so it can be active?
Bravo

You've been open over a year and only have 63 posts.

Your answer is right there.  Who do you think would join a forum where precisely nothing is happening?

Post at least one or two posts a day, get discussions happening on whatever topic your forum is about (I looked at your forum and have no idea what it's about - something else to work on).
myff admin

Not even a forum description at the top of the forum, click in, click away...
Bravo

Here, you aren't even following your own rules

You say you'll be doing 3 choices a week, and you haven't done any choices ever.  It's a good idea, but not if you don't actually do it.
haytradyl39

Bravo wrote:
Here, you aren't even following your own rules

You say you'll be doing 3 choices a week, and you haven't done any choices ever.  It's a good idea, but not if you don't actually do it.

That's only because it isn't active. What's the point of running it if none of the members exept for the me and the other 2 administrators are active?
myff admin

How will you get active, if your forum screams out to a visitor that it is dead?
Bravo

haytradyl39 wrote:
That's only because it isn't active. What's the point of running it if none of the members exept for the me and the other 2 administrators are active?

But your 3 admins aren't 'active' are they?  None of you are posting anything.

What are you waiting for?  Some random person to join your forum and start posting where you do not?  The chances of that happening are less than zero, they'd just start their own forum. It's free you know.

Even if you got just one of the polls running in there it might at least pique someones interest.

You came here asking for advice, the advice is to post post post.  Follow it and you're forum will flourish, ignore it and in one years time there will still be 63 posts.  Up to you.
myff admin

Well there is more to it than even that:

1) There must be active posting.
2) You must get links to your forum known to people. e.g. advertise.
3) You must have a niche. Unless you have a ready made community, ANOTHER general chat site is never going to work. But set up and post on a special subject and you have every chance.
Ask Mr. Religion

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Not even a forum description at the top of the forum, click in, click away...
Indeed. An error that should never happen!

AMR
Zudane

At a glance I see...

Tons of forum topics - no idea what this forum's main attraction is, so not sure what I would join for...

Tons of empty forums - Nobody is posting, so logically nobody would reply.

No overall topic - see #1
sazzle

I just had a nosey at your site, and in all honesty, nothing was drawing me in. I got confused easily by the amount of topics you have with regards to the amount of active users you currently have.
What is your site all about?
Gosu71

I have alot of good advice on how to get members in and quickly. I have over 250 members in approx 10 weeks of the forums creation.

I'll make a thread soon about it when I get more time.
Leedsforever

Gosu71 wrote:
I have alot of good advice on how to get members in and quickly. I have over 250 members in approx 10 weeks of the forums creation.

I will look out for that
Gosu71

Leedsforever wrote:
Gosu71 wrote:

I will look out for that

I've had alot of help from people on here over the years. I'd like to put back into the community what i've learned and got experience in to help people on their way and get their forums off to a good start.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum