Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Bradbury

Gallery/pics not displaying!

Hi there

Can you please HELP! Our forum has lost all its pics and the gallery is not showing. Forum address is in my signature below.

Appreciate your help.

Sharon
myff admin

this is looking like a DNS glitch that should clear itself.
Bradbury

myff admin wrote:
this is looking like a DNS glitch that should clear itself.

OK thank you, keeping fingers crossed.
Bradbury

In actual fact the gallery is there and it's only the photos loaded since late this afternoon that are not visible. Anything before that is fine.
myff admin

yes, that is what I am seeing, the upload process is wonky. I think the gallery is not seeing the forums and failing to grab pictures.
nothing code wise has changed and there is plenty of disk space on the gallery.
Bradbury

myff admin wrote:
yes, that is what I am seeing, the upload process is wonky. I think the gallery is not seeing the forums and failing to grab pictures.
nothing code wise has changed and there is plenty of disk space on the gallery.

There have been no changes to our forum from our side today. I have alerted members and asked them not to post anymore pics until the error clears - photographs are a large part of our forum as we are a dog rescue.

Appreciate anything you can do your side to resolve. Thank you.
Bradbury

Just to let you know that the glitch has not righted itself overnight. Problem still continues.  
myff admin

very very odd. somehow or other a function that has worked for ever and a day is no longer working.
doing things a bit more manually seems to be ok.
Bradbury

FYI ... I was just able to ad a pic to a thread - http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/sutra147015.php#147015

but in the front page of the gallery itself it is showing as blacked out. When you click on it via the gallery it will open to show the pic.
Bradbury

The gallery looks like it is back to normal - quite a few pics have gone up with only a couple of blanks, but looking like there are duplicates of each so they are not going up first time?

Any pics uploaded while it was down are still blanked out, but I have asked my members to edit their posts, remove the gallery links and re-attach.
Bradbury

Seems like it is back to normal now      
Bradbury

The issue is back again  
myff admin

logs suggest mostly working but odd glitch.
Bradbury

Hi there

Apologies, but we still have problems. Seems OK for a time and then starts up again. Any ideas?
Bradbury

PS Here is an example of one of the pics which doesn't show ...

Click here ... Jenny's thread
myff admin

Somewhat stuck at the moment on this, seeing the failure after the fact does not help a lot. All I can see is that some times a transfer process is failing but not why as yet.
Bradbury

Just wanted you to see that there is nothing wrong with the pic string.

I have also removed the Fb 'like' button which I added a few days before this issue started. Doubt they are connected, but members will think they are.

Is anyone else having photo posting issues or is it just my forum?

Thanks for looking into it for us.
myff admin

You may be the only one reporting things, but it is certainly not just you.
Bradbury

Just wanted to let you know that we are still having issues with photo uploading.
Bradbury

Hi there

Are you still looking into this issue as we continue to see some pictures failing to upload.

I did notice on the picture strings that the .jpg extentions on the failed pics were showing in uppercase for some reason and the failed pic showed as a small square with a red cross in the middle. However, when the uppercase .JPG extention is changed to lower case the fail shows as ...

Is this of any relevance?

Would appreciate an update.

Many thanks
myff admin

I am ramping up efforts on this.
Bradbury

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

Our forum showcases our rescue dogs which are up for homing and pictures play a very large part.

Thanks again.
myff admin

touch wood things are looking sorted. explanation is a bit techy.,
Bradbury

If that's the case my non techy response is simple ...      

Thank you very much. Will let you know if I spot anything unusual.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum