Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
sydwolf

Gallery on myfreeforum

Hi,
I have set myfreeforum for registered (Hidden),so that no one can view our forum only members.
But at the very bottom of my login page there is a few small headings,one of them is called Gallery,how do i hide that heading (Gallery) so that others who are not registered cant see it,it has photos still on in that i deleted a while back?,searched high and low and cant find anywhere that i can hide this gallery link.
Plus any photos we add in our forum anywere,automatically seems to go into this gallery which we havnt set up.
Help
Syd
myff admin

1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.
sydwolf

Thanks for directing me to the howtodoit,but i  couldnt find any answers there.
I have added my forum address below,as you can see the gallery heading at the bottom of it,when you click on it every photo we every put on our forum is there for all to see, even photos we deleted a long time ago,and we really want this gallery header hid away.
Many Thanks
Syd

my free forum link
Nick(NR)

ok here's something you can try, go to your admin panel and select the template you want to edit, now go down to the portal drop down list and select cms_gallery.tpl

Place this at the very top on it's own line, so <form> is moved down one:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->

No place this at the very bottom on it's own line, so it's after the closing </form>:
Code:
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->

So that guests don't see a blank page you could add something like this after the end switch.
Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
<table width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline" align="center">
   <tr>
        <th  colspan="3" class="thTop" nowrap="nowrap">Our Gallery</th>
     </tr>
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="center"><span class="topictitle">Our gallery is not viewable to guests, please signup or login to view, Thank you</td>
    </tr>
</table>
<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->
myff admin

You can also set to allow/disallow guest access in the GALLERY portal or use:

ADMIN_LINK_NOEXTRAS in place of ADMIN_LINK in overall_footer.tpl.
sydwolf

Many thanks for your help and taking time to explain everything,buy to be honest i havnt a clue what the all above means,think i would need a step by step to sort that all.
Had a go at it but got lost after the first step.
Thanks Again
Syd
sydwolf

Had a good look round my admin panel and found a box that i clicked which stops guest viewing photos.
How i done it.
went to my admin panel clicked on portal settings, then clicked on Gallery and there it was,asking did i want guest to view,so i hit on no.
Thanks Again
Syd
Bez

I tried that, clicked no on the gallery, yet it hasnt worked  
myff admin

Bez wrote:

# You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.
Bez

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Bez wrote:

# You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.

Ive given you it loads of times now! Wink

http://zappysnapperz.myfreeforum.org/index.php
myff admin

As a guest I can't see anything in your gallery.
Bez

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
As a guest I can't see anything in your gallery.

I mean the text at both sides which shows recent posts etc, I thought that would go too.
myff admin

Your question was about the gallery.

If the recent posts are guest viewable then they will appear in the main portal view.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum