Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Gallery downtime

There will be a short period of downtime as the gallery system has a new RAID card installed and is moved to use our own switch.
myff admin

touch wood this will be at 1pm GMT.
myff admin

This is taking longer than expected
myff admin

This is a bit annoying the gallery is backup, the the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing, todays guy was oblivious to the need to replace the RAID card, so we are going to have to do down again.
myff admin

Just checked over the tickets on this and I see today I put:

Quote:

Is it possible to schedule the move and the RAID card replacement for earlier. e.g. as soon as possible subject to me confirming the server to be offline.

precisely to try and keep the dots joined in case one shift was not aware of the plot

I do try and do what I encourage others to do when posting here, e.g. repeat detail quite a bit to try and stop things slipping through the cracks.
myff admin

Okay, we are scheduled for 8pm. So the gallery will be going down again now.
myff admin

And back up
myff admin

The gallery will be bouncing down and up shortly for a software update.

More significantly though it will be changing IP addresses in the next day or two which will render things inaccessible to people for some hours until the change propagates.

This cannot be helped as it is part of shifting kit over to our own range of IP addresses.
myff admin

The gallery will go offline a few minutes from now.
myff admin

Some bumps along the road there, but technically the servers are back connected on the new ip addresses, and the gallery DNS has been updated. So this is just a matter of the painful waiting.
Bradbury

Hi there

Our gallery is still down - photo not showing on gallery and not uploading either:

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/index.php

Would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks
Sharon
myff admin

It may be up to 48 hours for addresses to propagate.
symon

Damm this lol...

Im just starting a forum which needs loads of uploading lol

Just to let you know the template Diddle does not have the attach file link, i had to add it myself, i thought (maybe i`m wrong ) that all templates now had this feature as standard ?
myff admin

Diddle now fixed.
myff admin

I see some people are managing to upload again
lotv

I've been unable to upload since yesterday, just tried again now with no success
myff admin

People are uploading.

If you don't follow the posting check list we cannot say anything about your particular forum.
lotv

Sorry, not sure where to find the posting check list.

I'm getting an error when trying to upload pictures
http://liliofthevalleydt.myfineforum.org

Thanks
myff admin

You can't post on this forum without seeing "Posting Check list" in very big letters!

All you can do is be patient, the addresses used in the upload process will come right soonish.
Bradbury

Our members are reporting that some can post sometimes and not others.  Seems its intermittent.

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/index.php

Sharon
Slapshot 3

hi,
realise you're having issues, we've been unable to upload any attachments since Monday

Cheers

http://justcycling.myfastforum.org
myff admin

The so call TTL on the DNS record that is causing  this is down to just over 1 hour. If problems persist after 11am I will see what more can be done. But touch wood it will resolve at that point.
myff admin

Been scanning on trillian and a few nameservers are used, one just run out of TTL and at that point got the new correct record, there is one more to go in under 10 minutes.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum