Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Klauwaart

Frontpage being stubborn

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

http://kvoostende.myfreeforum.org

kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1

template/styles/themes

I am beginning to get my inside pages more or less the way I want them too look (screenshots attached), but the frontpage will not let me change the blue bits (except for the bottom half).

I can't for the life of me find the correct line in the "Themes" edit screen to achieve this.

Also, I can't find how to change the creamy white in my forum fields when I hold my mouse over the green, that makes yellow lettering hard to read.

Please have a look at the screenshots and see if you can help out.

Thank you.

myff admin

We can't tell anything from a screenshot, the chances are that this is either a css issue or graphics that are a set colour.

But we need a link where we can actually look at the issue.
Klauwaart

OK, but the link was at the top of my post.
http://kvoostende.myfreeforum.org.

However, I just looked, and the whole thing had reverted back to the prosilver blue, after all the hours work I put in.
Zudane

Check that the style you want is the default one, otherwise it may be showing up wrong.
Klauwaart

I really don't understand anymore   .
Now it has reverted back to how far I had got editing it withou me even touching it.

myff admin

Between caches in phpbb3 that may need clearing/refreshing and caches on your own browser an already complex template editing in phpBB3 can be pretty confusing.
I'd recommend trying to follow through one change at a time, to try and be clearer about the process.
Klauwaart

OK, thanks.

However, is there a place where I can find more styles here on the forum or somewhere on myff?

I know you have a list of styles in your admin panel, but I mean, a list where I can preview the styles before installing it.

I might consider using a pre-made style if I can't get any further.

OK, I'll  try to be a bit clearer and concise:
The 1st thing I would like is to get the fields on the front page (See screenshots) also in green, like my inner pages, but I cannot find the value for those forum fields anywhere in the edit page.

And, when I have achieved that, I would also like to change the colour of the list field, both on the frontpage and in my inner pages, as I have yello text, and when you get your mouse over the fields, it turns sort of creamy white, and the yellow text becomes illegible.

But, like I said, if not, I will look for a suitable pre-made style to use.
Thanks.
myff admin

http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/

previews a lot of phpbb3 styles.

We will always install any current template we do not have.
Klauwaart

OK, thanks.
I decided to start using 610nm.
Can you check the buttons are uploaded?
When I use the 610nm graphics set, i get just blank squares in my forum.

For the time being I am using my kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1 set, but there are issues with that too, eg. the "New topic" and "reply" buttons are invisible.
Could you check please?
Thanks.
myff admin

610nm is not a 3.08 style.

Best to use 3.08 styles.
judy

Yes it is - you uploaded it for me!
myff admin

Ok,

Can we see your forum with the blanks.
Klauwaart

Certainly, I'll change the set and take a screenshot.

The 1st one is of the front page, I circled the blank squares.
The 2nd one is of a topic list, same here, but now the "New topic" button is visible on the top (it says "Nieuw Onderw", is not complete, should be "Nieuw Onderwerp", so, button is probably too small).

I do use the style's own imageset for those screen shots.

Click to see full size image

Click to see full size image
myff admin

As said before screenshots only tell us you are not blind. We need the link that will actually show us the issue.
Klauwaart

Oh, sorry.
But then I will have to leave it like that for a while for my users too.
But, OK, I'll switch to 610nm's own imageset, which you will be able to see "in all its glory   " on http://kvoostende.myfreeforum.org .

Also, don't know whether that has anything to do with anything, but I noticed in my Admin log a line about 610nm:
"Imageset misses 'nl' language variables", with underneath a little blue diamond shape followed by the name 610nm.

Does that ring any bells?

Thanks.
Klauwaart

I have now looked in the Imageset folder on my hard drive and seen that the icons actually look something like this, however, when I use the 610nm imageset, the "New Topic" and "Add Reply buttons are invisible."

Further, no buttons for editing, reporting, quoting etc. appear in the posts.

They do when I use the kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1 Imageset, but look odd and are like doubled.
myff admin

I have a feeling that the missing images are language specific images.

Playing with non standard templates in non English is doubly hard

But you have also made your forum so that guests cannot see anything beyond the login page

So I may be missing the issue.

There are several hurdles here.

phpbb3 is harder anyway
not all phpbb3 templates are up to date.
Not all templates have images for non English
We can't see the forum properly anyway.
Klauwaart

I found the latest version of 610nm, a 3.0.8 version.

What do I do?
Can I upload it or something?
If so, how do I do that?
Thanks.
myff admin

As you said yourself our 610nm is actually 3.08 already.
Klauwaart

Sorry,
I never did.
(look through the posts if you like).

One of the mods(actually you)  said it is a 3.0.7 style.

Look at the attachment.

myff admin

judy wrote:
Yes it is - you uploaded it for me!

Okay it was Judy, fact remains it is 3.08.
Klauwaart

OK, but I have updated English and Dutch images (icons).
myff admin

Klauwaart wrote:
OK, but I have updated English and Dutch images (icons).

If you have an imageset then post it here and I will see about installing it.
Klauwaart

Would love to, but am getting the same issue again:
"Only copied files can be edited".
Or is it not in the styles menu i need to upload a whole imageset?

Or do you mean post the link here?

In that case it is this one .ow.

It is also version 1.0.16 n
Klauwaart

Klauwaart wrote:
Would love to, but am getting the same issue again:
"Only copied files can be edited".
Or is it not in the styles menu i need to upload a whole imageset?

Or do you mean post the link here?

In that case it is this one .

It is also version 1.0.16 now.
judy

We do have the latest version of the style - 1.0.16 was updated 18th December and Admin copied it from that site on January 10th. I wouldn't know about the language packs though  Wink
Klauwaart

I compared the original Imageset, especially the language related ones, by exporting the style, with the latest English and Dutch folders, which I downloaded from the author's site, and the new ones contain a lot more buttons, icons, etc.

Not sure whether I am allowed to upload both .zip files here, so I won't do it.
Klauwaart

OK, seems like nobody has posted any objections and they are only 53 Kb a file, so, here they come.

Click to download file

Click to download file

It appears they are the latest imagesets, and, like I said earlier, they contain a lot more graphics files than the ones I have now.
Klauwaart

And before I forget:
There is this one too.

Click to download file
Klauwaart

Why do I get a feeling this post is being ignored?
myff admin

Not ignored. That would imply someone deliberately choosing not to help.

But sometimes things get missed or take time for someone to get around to dealing with, has it occurred to you that you were posting on a Sunday?  

I am installing the "nl" imageset right now.
Klauwaart

Sorry admin.

Thank you for your help.

Uploading the imageset has made a lot of difference, it looks so much better now.
Your help is much appreciated.

Once again, apologies for the 'ignoring' remark.
Klauwaart

So, thenk you again for the huge difference (what an improvement) this has made.

However (mmmmm, I think you will want to shoot me now   ), because of the fact that I am now using the 610nm imageset, my own logo is lost, it is still in the kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1 set.

Once again, I have been trying all sorts of things to copy the 610nm imageset (or even the whole style) so I can tweak a tiny bit, but no luck.

What is it with me and copying?

I tried "Cache" next to the style, which first gave me a "Connection error", and after refreshing it tells me there are no cached styles.

I know we've been there before, but. like I said (remember the screenshots I sent) I cannot see a straightforward "Copy" feature, and no kvoostende.myfreeforum.org# appears at the bottom, except for the kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1 style, which I temporarily removed (not needed at the moment as I use the 610nm Template and Theme, and, for the time being, the Imageset too as I can't copy it).
myff admin

The procedure for copying an imageset is to copy at the Style level to an available "forumname#" slot, then install the "forumname#" style and edit the image set there.

I have just done this for 610nm and the basic procedure seems to work, but I am seeing some image upload issues that will look at.
myff admin

Ok,

Plainly there was a regression in the upload image to global area.

I have fixed that and just done a quick test here.

http://servermasters.myfastforum.org/index.php

Not pretty but an image set as the logo on 610nm.

That done by uploading the image in "Upload image to your web page /image directory " then selecting it as main logo in the image bit of the imageset dialog and hitting submit.
Klauwaart

myff admin wrote:
The procedure for copying an imageset is to copy at the Style level to an available "forumname#" slot, then install the "forumname#" style and edit the image set there.

OK, fine.
But, (and that is why I said you'll probably want to shoot me now), I am once again stuck with the same issue:
At Style level, I have 2 Styles installed: prosilver and 610nm.
But I do not see a 'Copy' feature, all I have is (as was seen in the screenshot in an earlier post) is
Details   Deactivate|Export|Remove|Preview.

At the bottom of the list of available (non-installed) styles is kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1.
All I need to find is how to replace my imageset (ie copy the 610nm imageset to) in that style by 610nm, so I can edit it, as, when I use the forumname style, and set imageset to 610nm I keep getting the message "Only copied styles can be edited".

Probably something small I overlooked since I did it the last time.
myff admin

Have you tried running the admin panel in English?
myff admin

Oh and referring to earlier screen shots is not very useful unless it is screamingly obvious where they are, if you know where they are then repost it.
Klauwaart

Sorry, yes, you are right.
But, I did change the admin panel to English, and there I had my 'Copy' feature which let me copy the style with no problem.
So, I assume there is something not 100% right with the Dutch version of the admin panel.

However, after installing kvoostende.myfreeforum.org1 and setting template, theme and imageset to 610nm, I still had the same old imageset that I used to have in the forumname style, and couldn't edit the 610nm style.
So, not 100% sure where i went wrong, or should I have copied the style to a forumname# style not used before (2 upwards)?
myff admin

Copying to an unused slot does remove the issue of things being cached.
Klauwaart

Took me a wee while to work that one out, but OK, it works now.

Thank you.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum