Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Oroibahazopi

Founder left without transfering rights

I assume it's possible to transfer rights. I'm an admin on the forum but I don't have access to the founder's control panel and I would like that access.
myff admin

You need to start a thread claiming ownership on your forum, cross linking to a thread here.

Then when we can see you have a mandate to take ownership we will deal with it.
Oroibahazopi

I trust that the fact the main area is private is not a barrier to this?
myff admin

Well it is a barrier, but if you don't have admin rights to avoid the problem it is not an insurmountable barrier.
Oroibahazopi

I mean will whomever will take this request have access to the hidden areas of the forum, or will some other arrangement need to be made.
myff admin

I don't understand what you are asking.
Nick(NR)

Long story short to save confusion, you create a thread in a guest viewable area, asking the forums members that are still around to support your change of ownership claim, you then post the link to that topic here, then we wait and monitor the topic until we feel there is enough support from the member base to then change the ownership over to you with a password of your choosing, this is obviously a last resort, I assume you've attempted to make contact with the founding admin?
Oroibahazopi

Right, I'm glad I asked or you would have been directed to a non-viewable area.

I'll post again when people have voted.
Oroibahazopi

All right everyone who is going to vote has voted. 9/0 in favor of the decision including both the other forum admin.
myff admin

We always allow 1 week to give time for objection by the current forum owner.
Oroibahazopi

All right, though he hasn't visited the forum since 05 Feb 2010.
Oroibahazopi

I make it a week since my first post.
Zudane

Does seem like a resounding yes, only 10 votes but I can't really be sure on forum activity.  Just need the Admin to make the final decision on it and contact you from there.
myff admin

A new access password has been issued.
Oroibahazopi

Thank you.
Oroibahazopi

Can someone remove the link from the OP please. I'm getting unwanted attention.
Nick(NR)

Oroibahazopi wrote:
Can someone remove the link from the OP please. I'm getting unwanted attention.

done and for poll post as well
Oroibahazopi

Thank you very much.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum