Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
no.1_sender

Forum wrecked by rogue admin

my entertainment forum has been hacked nearly everything has gone members,posts,topics everything is there anyway we can get it back or something

http://entertainment.myfanforum.org
symon

How many times do you have to be told,, you have been around long enough to know, that no one has hacked your forum,, you have used a weak password that someone has guessed or you have a rouge admin.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...component=content&topicid=518
no.1_sender

i read the site you gave me quite true but i had a really strong password with numbers and loads of words same with the other amin-site creater

so there is'nt a chance i cant get the backup system back...
symon

no.1_sender wrote:
i read the site you gave me quite true but i had a really strong password with numbers and loads of words same with the other amin-site creater

so there is'nt a chance i cant get the backup system back...

Only way is to pay.

I see that you have 2 admin maybe more,? check the logs
no.1_sender

i dont have a credit card or anything to pay

also the site creatar is the admin and me thats it.

if we do pay what would happen would everything go on as normal like nothing happened how much would we need to pay...
GraphiXtreme

It wasn't hacked, no.1_sender let a well-known conner have admin access as he promised to create a forum shop.
myff admin

The fee is $10 via paypal to paypal[at]myfreeforum.org

and you get the site restored to when it had posts from one of the 7 days of backups. You need to specify roughly how many posts there were.

But as Symon has said you were not hacked. You have 4 admin accounts   and obviously one of them had a weak password or is a rogue admin.

why is it always the people we expect to have such problems that have the problems!
myff admin

GraphiXtreme wrote:
It wasn't hacked, no.1_sender let a well-known conner have admin access as he promised to create a forum shop.

Falls off seat in amazement....
symon

GraphiXtreme wrote:

Well it would be nice if you could tell us this well know conner,,,,

And this would explain everything,, i write guides as easy as possible for these things, if people are to lazy to follow them, or take the time to learn, and would rather get someone else to do it for them, then this is the price you could pay.
no.1_sender

yeah thats what i think happened we put him as a admin to do the shop as i said we was having problems and he was like yeah he can do it but hes denying it

i will try to get the payment...
symon

no.1_sender wrote:
yeah thats what i think happened we put him as a admin to do the shop as i said we was having problems and he was like yeah he can do it but hes denying it

i will try to get the payment...

Then check the logs,,,,, and who is this person,, would be nice to let other forum owners know .
no.1_sender

i checked the logs but it was a changed username saying passwordis1234

so theres no one we know apart from the con man that was installing the shop for us...
GraphiXtreme

I'm not sure how to answer "who is this person"... he's someone who came on SwapitShop Lounge (http://swapitshoplounge.myfreeforum.org) with dozens of accounts and just spammed.

His name is Dylan Hayward, he claims to be autistic (as well as gay, at one point). He often uses aliases as well as proxies to avoid detection.
no.1_sender

i cant belive its dylan hayward you probalby know alot about him MYFF as loads of members have been complainig about him

this is so bad if i knew it was him i would have not been stupid enought to even make him a member on my forum let alone a admin..
lol

He is annoying. He tried to setup my shop aswell. He installed the online / offline hack without me knowing, and makes loads of pretty much spam posts trying to check out the cash mod
no.1_sender

this person is really anyong

also admin/mod this is what the forum looked liked before all this happened http://64.233.183.104/search?q=ca...en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=uk
lol

Dylan now owns gta4.myfreeforum . He wants to run a forum with me, but the answers definately no !!
Nick(NR)

If you lot are gonna go this far off topic by taking your free shots at the guy then I'm gonna lock this one up, so please stick to the topic or restrain from posting unless absolutely need be.

no.1_sender is after help and dragging this off topic isn't doing that, it's also going to make those willing to help read through the extra posts.
myff admin

Sorry Nick, have to disagree with you there, Symon asked who the culprit was and people have tried to inform us, and have done so without a lot of pointless posts.

If there is a rogue admin doing this, we do need to know that information.
Nick(NR)

fair point, but after the person was named they all took shots
Bravo

From the description given earlier it sounds a bit like Barkerdude.  Is this the same guy?
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Bravo wrote:
From the description given earlier it sounds a bit like Barkerdude.  Is this the same guy?

Here's barkerdudes current IP that he is using on my forum, he is currently going by the name shaun on my forum.
I've pm'd him a few days ago when I noticed it was barkerdude and said I would give him a chance but that I was removing his PM rights and putting him on user moderation so we have to approve his posts.

Anyway I know IP's aren't perfect but if it is barkerdude then heres the IP I have for him (dont know if it will be of any help, may help determine if it is him)
Spoiler:

lol

Ok, this is annoying. He changed by forum and put run by tnt94 (His name on my forum)  Arrh !!
myff admin

Are you saying that despite this thread you left a known rogue with admin access?
lol

No. I was hit first by dylan. I just checked back a t my forum, and look at it !
simpsonsworld.myfreeforum.org I was going to continue making it , but I've been put off now, knowing that I'll have to delete all his rubbish.
lol

Admin or mod - do you want his ip ?
GraphiXtreme

Freebie Nintendo wrote:
Admin or mod - do you want his ip ?

That would be pointless really, considering he just uses proxies. Very few of his various accounts on various forums have the same IP address.
no.1_sender

hey my mate said how does he pay by paypal to paypal[at] myfreeforum as hes never paid anyone like that
symon

If he has a paypal account then use the donation link in the shop ,,, remember to put your forum name and what it is for.
myff admin

It is now the 27th, this was reported on the 22nd, that is cutting it pretty fine as only 7 days of backups are available for this sort of restore.
no.1_sender

hey my mate said how do u pay with paypal as hes logged in now but he said  were does he go from there..
symon

no.1_sender wrote:
hey my mate said how do u pay with paypal as hes logged in now but he said  were does he go from there..

Hey how about reading though the last few posts where the answer has been given.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum