Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
denton

Forum stolen!!

http://coolfools.myfreeforum.org/about11.html

we seem to have a bit of a problem. someone has wroked out our admin password and has taken over our forum. is there anything we can do to solve this?
Daniel(u1bd2005)

have you tried logging into the control panel at www.myfreeforum.org if he hasn't changed that password goto the admin tab and you may be able to regain access that way.
symon

HOWTODOIT
Sport Trac Owner's Club

Re: Forum stolen!!

denton wrote:
http://coolfools.myfreeforum.org/about11.html

we seem to have a bit of a problem. someone has wroked out our admin password and has taken over our forum. is there anything we can do to solve this?

I think you need to not let anybody else other than yourself to be admin!

Have you gotten your forum back?
denton

Thank you for your advice, I have managed to gain control of the forum again.
Roy

Re: Forum stolen!!

Brandon7 wrote:
I think you need to not let anybody else other than yourself to be admin!

Have you gotten your forum back?

Yup very good advice, i believe if your active you will never need a co-admin, perhaps one day even in PHPBB3 there will be a way to make promote some people to super mods rather than admins. Giving them a few extra features like warn members or ban member for so many day's but need the admin of the forum to totally ban them but then perhgaps none of this will happen.

Perhaps even a hack that inables the main admin to provent other admins from doing things like changing the passwords and banning other members of staff or changing the staff members permission levels.

But i can't say as to what PHPBB3 will really offer us as their might be alot of features that is still yet to be tested before the final release.
Cloverfield

I believe he said someone WORKED OUT the admin password, not he made someone an admin.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum