Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
FormicHiveQueen

Forum Hijacked

http://openforum.myfunforum.org/

I'm reporting this for the site owner as he is unable to be online at the moment. (His username on the forum is X L.)

He made me aware this morning that his account had somehow been IP banned from the forum. When I checked the site I found that this was the case with myself as well. I tried using UltraSurf to circumvent this and reach the admin CP, but my username is banned as well, and I imagine the same is true for X L.

The person who is doing this has attacked us multiple times in the past, but this is the first time he's actually managed to hurt us. The attack is always the same: mine and X L's passwords are cracked, the guy gets in as one of us, and all hell breaks loose. We've always been able to fix past attacks by using UltraSurf, and for the past few months we've been able to keep him out with weekly password changes and the secure login software. But somehow he cracked us again, and this time he's got all the bases covered.

My guess is that to ban both of us he must have either made a new account with admin access, or altered someone else's account.

If there's anything that can be done to fix this, here is how things need to look:

-XL and I should be the only admins on the board.
-Any other accounts with admin access need to be removed.
-Any new accounts made in the months of January and February need to be removed, as these would be ones made by the attacker. (We have had no new users in these months.)

Thank you for your time, and I hope something can be done about this.
myff admin

You can restore access via the control panel.

http://myfunforum.org/index.php?o...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

You are mistaken in the idea that passwords can be "cracked" unless they are very very simple.

You need to look elsewhere for your security problem.
FormicHiveQueen

Thank you. Now I just need to wait for XL to get his butt online so he can use that control panel.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum