Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Albionwolf

Forum disabled

http://tatscratchers.myfastforum.org/index.php hi I was the main admin of this forum who disabled it can you put it back on please
myff admin

I am not aware that we have done anything with this forum.

It is however coming up with an error, but unless we know what has been done to it, we are going to struggle to fix it.

There are some options to reset templates in the control panel and that might help.

http://myfastforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27
Nick(NR)

Wouldn't worry too much boss, a quick look and it's the standard maintenance message you get when you disabled the board.

As an admin you should still be able to login and view the board in it's entirety and from there still be able to login to the admin panel, from there in the left hand menu, look for 2. General > Configuration and when the page on the right side loads it should be the third option down called Disable board, flick that back to no and click the submit button at the bottom.
Albionwolf

No luck it as if I've been locked out or my password has failed
myff admin

No luck with what? I am not seeing a disabled message but a multiple "die".
Albionwolf

Won't let me log in as admin
myff admin

Is that to the control panel or the forum. All I'm seeing is an odd error message.

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
myff admin

I have manually enabled.

Have you done something with bans? like banning most ips?

You can use lost password or the control panel to reset an admin account.
Albionwolf

I can't log in no longer it's as if I've been deleted off by mistake is there anyway I can fix this
Albionwolf

An admin must have deleted me can I fix this just checked I'm down as a guest
myff admin

The forum owner can use the control panel:

http://myfastforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

to reset admin.
Albionwolf

Original owner was long gone lost contact with him and he left me in charge obviously the wrong person With this major f up
myff admin

Well we can't just hand over admin without evidence that that is the legitimate course of action.
Albionwolf

I know man I'm sort of lost myself now I've ran this site for nearly two years so it's abit annoying sorry to pester the life out of you I'll just leave it if there is nothing more I can do
myff admin

I can't give you a magic answer here.

We have two core mechanisms to preserve ownership and deal with broken forums and lost logins.
The lost password mechanism on the actual forum and then the separate owners control panel, which itself has a lost password system.

On top of that we accept that if there is a thread on a forum asserting that there is a legitimate claim to ownership, then that can be accepted.

I guess we could clear the ip bans or whatever else is blocking much of access and see if you can assert ownership that way?
Albionwolf

Yeah try that for starters
myff admin

I have cleared the ban list, which included the UK globally which is pretty damn stupid.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum