Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Mark0121

Forum as RSS feed

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/forum42.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:

RSS, RSS Feed

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

*Note this is not my forum*

I am using Twitter to help rehome rescue dogs by posting all dogs for adoption to @UK_Rescue_Dogs.  I want http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/forum42.php as an RSS feed to include Rescue Remedies dogs for rehoming.

Can somebody please tell me if this is possible?

I do not know what version of the forum software they are using.  

I am an unpaid volunteer at a different charity.  I programmed our charities RSS feed.

Thanks
myff admin

Sorry but we have always been wary of ways that make the forums available outside of an environment where advertising can show, as obviously we are only running because of income provided by advertising.
Mark0121

Thanks for letting me know.

If I want that data then I guess I will have to write a PHP program that grabs the forum page and creates a RSS feed out of it and just set it up to run as a cron job & link it to twitter.  I only need the title of the thread and the url to do it which I can extract from the source.  

Do you mind if I do this?  

Over 20 unwanted dogs are killed everyday, I want to help rehome them, I might use all of this RSS data to create a new website to show dogs available for adoption.
Mark0121

myff admin wrote:
Sorry but we have always been wary of ways that make the forums available outside of an environment where advertising can show, as obviously we are only running because of income provided by advertising.

I don't see your point.  I would be posting up the title to a thread (which is the dogs details), which people would then click on if they're interested and come to your forum to see the pictures and read about the dog for adoption.  Those people could click on a sponsored advert.  Isn't that what you want?  I don't want the posts of a thread as an RSS feed...

editted to say: you could limit the length of your description tag in the RSS file to say 60 characters so people would follow the link.

$a = substr($b, 0, 60) . "...";

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum