Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
DigitalScape.my

Forum "Hacked"

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here (or link to your specific problem) : digitalscape.myfastforum.org

Please indicate keywords you have searched on: -

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
I were gone for a few weeks, and when I got back I were not a Administrator on my own forum.
I won't release any 'information' about myself, please send me a private message if I need to do that.
Since peoples may say they are me.
symon

Unless you follow the posting checklist we can not help you.

We do not do business via private meassge
DigitalScape.my

Symon wrote:

What do you need off me? Like information so I can get it back?
symon

DigitalScape.my wrote:
Symon wrote:

What do you need off me? Like information so I can get it back?

The first and foremost read this thread,

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...component=content&topicid=518

if that fails come back here following the posting checklist

You really cant miss me can you ?? wrote:
  1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link to your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.

myff admin

You can use the control panel to restore admin.

http://myfastforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27
DigitalScape.my

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
You can use the control panel to restore admin.

http://myfastforum.org/index.php?...amp;task=loginforum&Itemid=27

The 'admin' on my forum has changed the email.  
So what now?
myff admin

Changed what email? email address is not required for control panel access.
DigitalScape.my

Changed what email? email address is not required for control panel access.

He changed the password. And I can't retrieve password because he also changed the e-mail.
myff admin

I have the logs, no password change has happened since January.
symon

Moved to the correct area.
DigitalScape.my

I have the logs, no password change has happened since January.

Why can't I connect with my password then? -.-'

Can you tell me what e-mail it is on?

It should be one of these:
Moderated: 1
email addresses removed
myff admin

It was changed from one of them in January, to a gmail account beginning with j.
DigitalScape.my

It was changed from one of them in January, to a gmail account beginning with j.

Oh noes. That is the 'rogue admins', it's john**@gmail.com

I didn't really use the forum panel from this site before. But he got the password and changed it to his own.
This may happened in January, yes. Are you able to change it back to the old e-mail?
myff admin

Only if you can reliably email me the old password. admin [at] myfreeforum.org

It is your problem really that you allowed a rogue access.
DigitalScape.my

Only if you can reliably email me the old password. admin [at] myfreeforum.org

It is your problem really that you allowed a rogue access.

I know, thanks. I sendt you a e-mail now.
myff admin

okay that is indeed one of the passwords, but having looked at the forum, I cannot see any evidence that you are any more the rightful owner than john. All I see is a forum full of spam.

I also see a request that you be reinstated as admin, and evidence in the password logs that at one point you co-owned the forum with the person you have fallen out with.

This is a forum that has gone through numerous email and password changes and has been suspended in its short history.  

As such the only thing I can do is to say that I must have the original set up password, or something else that points conclusively to you being the rightful owner.
DigitalScape.my

okay that is indeed one of the passwords, but having looked at the forum, I cannot see any evidence that you are any more the rightful owner than john. All I see is a forum full of spam.

I also see a request that you be reinstated as admin, and evidence in the password logs that at one point you co-owned the forum with the person you have fallen out with.

This is a forum that has gone through numerous email and password changes and has been suspended in its short history.  

As such the only thing I can do is to say that I must have the original set up password, or something else that points conclusively to you being the rightful owner.

Ok, I'll send it to you in a e-mail.
myff admin

you should have a reply with a new password.
DigitalScape.my

you should have a reply with a new password.

Thanks. This will be the last time I promote someone as a admin on my forum, else than myself.
myff admin

I don't want to rub it in, but for the benefit of people reading the thread it should be pointed out that you did not just make someone admin, but you gave away the owner password to the control panel.

Once you do that, then you are reliant on us making a judgment call about true ownership, and in this regard you got lucky.
myff admin

I will also give you a warning to clean house.

Your forum claims to have 130,000 posts. Which is clearly a case of a spam forum which is against the terms and conditions.

So clear it out and run a proper forum!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum